Main Menu

zhu zhu hamsters?

Started by mogzilla, 22 January, 2011, 03:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

my daughter is after one of these ! wife got her a copy but it doesnt fit in its cheap (but expensive) run with garage and car anyone elses kids got any of these things? whats the length of time before they get bored with them and could i train a terrier to kill it?

House of Usher

I work in a shop that sells them. They are quite charming, if initially baffling. They were in the January sale for £4.00 each, but now they're full price again, whatever their full price is. They make cutesy ones with costumes for girls and combat ones with special forces or ninja armour for boys. I can't see very much harm in it. Funnily enough, they cost about the same as a real hamster, but without the responsibility. Maybe consider it a practice run for the real thing. The slightly troubling thing is, a real hamster actually requires some looking after, so kids who are used to Zhu zhu hamsters may be a bit disappointed by a real one.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

outfits y'say? big dredd merchandising oppurtunity there! loads of future subscribers out there! ;)

TordelBack

-tries to imagine HoU selling Zhu Zhu Hamsters in the January sales - FAILS

Rog69

Somebody bought my daughter one of these for Christmas, it appears to be the product of an unholy union between a hamster and a cow. It came with a leaflet detailing all of the plastic crud you can buy for it to run around in, so far my daughter has spent more time with the leaflet than the pet, picking out all of the stuff she wants for her birthday next month  ::).

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 January, 2011, 08:32:18 AM
-tries to imagine HoU selling Zhu Zhu Hamsters in the January sales - FAILS

There's no actual selling involved. I just had to move them from here to here, change the shelf label, and stack them up all tidy-like.

Quote from: Rog69 on 23 January, 2011, 10:08:06 AM
It came with a leaflet detailing all of the plastic crud you can buy for it to run around in, so far my daughter has spent more time with the leaflet than the pet, picking out all of the stuff she wants for her birthday next month  ::).

Ay, there's the rub.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

what happened to toilet rolls and books on their end like a tent? kids got no imagination i'm gonna make a ramp while she's at nannas "stunt hamster"!!

The Doctor Alt 8

And then film it and stick it on YouTube...

Daresay it's been done already.

Russsel Howard "Grilled" one of them...

There was a scare about their noses containing arsnic....

WoD

The boy had one for his birthday and then some tat to go with it at Christmas...not the best toy in my opinion...

mogzilla

and the buggers dont switch off! had hers sqeaking all the way to nannas house

House of Usher

Most kids' toys just look to me like the reason we're so short of landfill space nowadays. They were much better in the 1970s. That's not nostalgia, it's truth.
STRIKE !!!

mogzilla

dunno the character stuff like dr who aint too bad but the other day we saw a tonka truck in plastic!!!! how would an elephant stand on that without breaking it?

Rog69

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 January, 2011, 11:34:38 PM
Most kids' toys just look to me like the reason we're so short of landfill space nowadays. They were much better in the 1970s. That's not nostalgia, it's truth.

Agreed. A lot of modern toys are just terrible, My oldest daughter has had so much junk bought for her, toys that simply just don't work either because they are so poorly conceived or just made too cheaply.

For the Christmas just past we had Barbie puppy swim school, a terrible waste of plastic that consists of a small pool that you fill with water that has a diving board for a dog to jump off. You fill the pool up and the weight of the water makes the diving board slope forward, rendering it useless. The dog is supposed to kick it's legs and swim when it gets wet but it just lists to one side like it's had a stroke and goes in circles. If the slightest amount of weight is placed on the pool it spills out onto the floor. Utter shit.

The other one that wound me up is Bounce Bounce Tigger, a variation on Buckaroo. Whey you assemble it the bloody thing clicks together permanently and then it wont fit back in it's own fucking box. The stupid thing has a slider to set it's sensitivity that only really has two settings, either wouldn't trigger if you nuked it or so sensitive that it will go off if an ant farts at the bottom of the garden.