Main Menu

Your Awesome 4some

Started by Bhuna, 07 January, 2011, 11:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 January, 2011, 05:47:08 PM
I agree, but I'm aware that some people either can't or don't have children, so thought this might be rubbing noses in it somewhat!

Ah, but midwifery as a profession is open to all!  Kids of course can close off many other desirable experiences, such as sleeping past 6.30am, ever.  My second choice was even sappier, viz. porking someone you truly love, which I imagine is even harder to achieve, if somewhat cheaper in the long run...  Highly recommended though,  

Peter Wolf

Quote from: vzzbux on 07 January, 2011, 11:57:57 PM
For Experience.
How many of you have wondered what it would be like to take someone's life even if only briefly (the notion that is). Controversial I know. Its an experience that most will (hopefully) never experience but I am sure quite a few of you out there wonder even though you will never admit it.

V

I have mixed feelings about it but i am not sure i want to speak openly about it other than to say i wouldnt feel guilty about it if it was in self defence as its me or them but on the other hand its easy enough to incapacitate rather than kill.

Its not something i can be totally against in principle as there are too many factors involved.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jared Katooie

I may be oppossed to real-life killing, but nothing livens up a dull story like some murder and mayhem.

I agree, but I'm aware that some people either can't or don't have children, so thought this might be rubbing noses in it somewhat!
Not having a go at anyone who said this, by the way, just giving my opinion.

You could say that about almost anything though. Talking about a new car, a new house, a new girlfriend, spending time with good friends, having a strong, healthy urinal stream. Any of these topics could hurt the feelings of those who are less blessed.

Daveycandlish

Watch - the original King Kong on the Big Screen

Read - Of Mice and Men

Listen - 70's radio version of Lord of the Rings

Experience - Niagara Falls
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Spaceghost

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 08 January, 2011, 06:11:28 PM
I may be oppossed to real-life killing, but nothing livens up a dull story like some murder and mayhem.

Not having a go at anyone who said this, by the way, just giving my opinion.

You could say that about almost anything though. Talking about a new car, a new house, a new girlfriend, spending time with good friends, having a strong, healthy urinal stream. Any of these topics could hurt the feelings of those who are less blessed.

I agree. Bluemeanie suggested 'sex with an insane red-head' as an experience and unless I've really underestimated my wife's plans for my fortieth birthday this year, this is never going to happen.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

QuoteAny of these topics could hurt the feelings of those who are less blessed.

Good point!

House of Usher

Quote from: Lee Bates on 08 January, 2011, 09:58:56 PM
I agree. Bluemeanie suggested 'sex with an insane red-head' as an experience and unless I've really underestimated my wife's plans for my fortieth birthday this year, this is never going to happen.

LOL!

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 08 January, 2011, 07:05:18 PM
Read - Of Mice and Men

Important piece of information everyone here needs to know: Of Mice and Men is not much more than 100 pages long. Go on, read it. It won't cost you much time.
STRIKE !!!

Greg M.

Quote from: House of Usher on 08 January, 2011, 10:15:34 PM
Important piece of information everyone here needs to know: Of Mice and Men is not much more than 100 pages long. Go on, read it. It won't cost you much time.

If, like myself, you end up as an English teacher, you will find yourself reading the book aloud on what will prove pretty much an annual basis. Your level of professional success will depend entirely on how good your 'Lennie' voice is. (Mine is not bad, if I do say so myself.)

judge macbrayne

watch-if i could the earth from the moon read-the book of law listen-to the voice,s in my head Experience- why are we here ;)                                              

House of Usher

Quote from: Greg M. on 08 January, 2011, 10:25:04 PM
Your level of professional success will depend entirely on how good your 'Lennie' voice is. (Mine is not bad, if I do say so myself.)

I base mine on the Abominable Snowman out of the Bugs Bunny cartoons. I'm a terrible person.

Unfortunately I shall never be an English teacher, having opted for the academic path of a social scientist. Evidently I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, otherwise I'd be on a salary. I did, however, manage to persuade one of the exam boards to let me mark the unseen poem question in this summer's GCSE exams. A different representative of the same organisation refused to entertain the very same references for my application to moderate the same students' creative writing coursework. Funny old world, isn't it?

Their objection was that I couldn't provide a reference from a head teacher or a head of English. I pointed out than in adult education we don't have head teachers, and that my own position was equivalent to that of head of department, and I could therefore only provide a reference from my replacement, who was well acquainted with my marking, but they weren't interested.
STRIKE !!!

O Lucky Stevie!

Watch? O lucky man!
Read? The Forever War
Hear? Coldcut's Atomic moog (Cornelius remix)
Experience? Caring for a loved one in the terminal stage of their illness
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Beeks

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 January, 2011, 05:59:10 PM
Kids of course can close off many other desirable experiences, such as sleeping past 6.30am, ever.

Never a truer word spoken  :-\
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Spaceghost

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 10 January, 2011, 03:28:35 AM
Experience? Caring for a loved one in the terminal stage of their illness

Jesus, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a powerful, moving experience and I'm not trying to detract from any experience you may have had but it's a funny one to suggest people experience for themselves.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

O Lucky Stevie!

All I can say Lee mate is that it's not something that anyone would ever wsih upon oneself but you'll never know until you've been there.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Bhuna

What a fantastic response people. Thanks all who have shared their awesome4some.

Chris (the guy who thought of the awesome4some) has opened up a facebook group called errrm... awesome4some. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_136658309727881&ap=1

There are some really interesting things that people have posted.

So if you want, please join the group and share your awesome4some. If you do join, please remember to include your occupation and link to your blog, website etc etc.!!
Or if you you prefer you can go to the official site http://www.awesome4s.co.uk

Cheers chaps!  :D

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress