Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Thanks for that, Abelard!

Wow, so we're getting all of TFS in volume 7?  Fantastic stuff!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 August, 2019, 12:32:12 PM
Quote from: karlos on 15 August, 2019, 09:10:06 AM
Do we have a contents list for Strontium dog vol. 6?

The Royal Affair
The Rammy
Stone Killers
Incident on Zeta
The No-Go Job
The Beast of Milton Keynes
Complaint

I wonder if A Sorry Case has been held back for the next issue to accompany Colin's work on TFS. I'm also guessing that remaining annual and special stories will be in there too to make up the page count.

Hmm. I'd rather have had Sorry Case here and No-Go Job held over for book 7, to be honest.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

I don't know about anyone else but my stone killers has an error with some early panels printed out of sequence.

Can't say I'm a fan of Harrison's art to be be honest.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 August, 2019, 02:28:19 PM
Hmm. I'd rather have had Sorry Case here and No-Go Job held over for book 7, to be honest.

Yeah I'd have preferred to have things in prog order. Seems an odd choice.

Trooper McFad

I'm trying to fill in the gaps in my collection of books that I'd missed over the years for example Robo Hunter, Sinister Dexter, Nicolai Dante, Bad Company etc.
Managed to pick up all Robo Hunter, Dante Vol's 1-3 & Bad Company Vol 1.
I then save the pennies to get a few more and Bad Company vol 2 is "Sold out"!!!!
I noticed that a few early Ultimate issues are Sold out which is fair enough but issues 46 to 50 are now sold out as well which gives us poorer sods less time to jump in and pick up (3 cause you get free postage 👍🏻) the individual issues that we want.
I know for business sense they can't hold hundreds in stock but it will put me off trying to pick up collected volumes if half way through I can't complete the runs 🙁🙁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 20 August, 2019, 02:29:02 PM
I noticed that a few early Ultimate issues are Sold out which is fair enough but issues 46 to 50 are now sold out as well which gives us poorer sods less time to jump in and pick up (3 cause you get free postage 👍🏻) the individual issues that we want.
I know for business sense they can't hold hundreds in stock but it will put me off trying to pick up collected volumes if half way through I can't complete the run 🙁🙁

This always happens - wait a few weeks and they'll probably show as 'in stock' again.
@jamesfeistdraws

Trooper McFad

Thanks Jimbo I'll keep my eye on the site

IndigoPrime

Given that most subscribers haven't had 51 yet, it's just out of stock on their website. However, it does appear that the print run is quite slim now, and so don't dither when whatever you want does come back into stock. Or just ignore Hachette entirely and cherry pick via Forbidden Planet instead.

Trooper McFad

Thanks Indigo I'll keep my eye on both 👍🏻

IndigoPrime

I would say that if there are volumes you know you'll want, FP's pre-ordering works well. I got a couple of the TF volumes that way. (I've collected the Marvel run.)

Jade Falcon

I've been rereading my Strontium Dog volumes.  While some of the earlier stories didn't date as well, they were still reasonable.

Ultimately what happened to the Gronk, he just seemed to disappear. 

Also, while Strontium Dog stories could be a bit dark in places, did anyone else think The Moses Quest incident, for other stories of the time was a pretty dark storyline except for for Malak Broods brothers heads banter.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Max Headroom

Just wondering how far the next Slaine volume will take us? I was hoping it would finish with 'The Secret Commonwealth' which would then leave me with everything collected in hardcover editions (albeit not matching). However, looking on Barney that might be just one story too many to fit in the next edition's size restraints and something might have to spill over into a 'Books of Invasions' volume. (And that would not be cool!)

Tomwe

Quote from: Max Headroom on 24 August, 2019, 12:03:36 PM
Just wondering how far the next Slaine volume will take us? I was hoping it would finish with 'The Secret Commonwealth' which would then leave me with everything collected in hardcover editions (albeit not matching). However, looking on Barney that might be just one story too many to fit in the next edition's size restraints and something might have to spill over into a 'Books of Invasions' volume. (And that would not be cool!)
Cover to issue 58 is up at FP- does that credit list help? They also have a bunch more new ones too but I'm posting from my phone here.

Tomwe

Tomwe

Rogue vol4- issue 55. We know the creators of Hewligan's haircut and Volgon War so I'll save you my posting those.