Main Menu

Cosplay

Started by Jared Katooie, 30 August, 2010, 12:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Quote from: Van Dom on 03 February, 2012, 03:20:22 PM
Photographs will be forthcoming!

It's okay, being photographed is part of the the whole cosplay thing.

Remember to keep an eye out for free-range cosplayers too. Harajuku is a good spot for 'em apparently.

bigjobs67

Love a good 'Cosplay' and not just fit birds in tightness. Was checkin 'Dr Doom' stuff recently. Any 'Deathlock' stuff. that would be a 'Beast' cosy,
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Bat King

There is a recurrent theme developing in my posts...  I keep saying 'I don't like *insert word here*'

I don't like 'Cosplay'...  Whatever is wrong with 'Fancy Dress'? It was called 'Fancy Dress' or 'Dressing Up' for decades, then up pops a term that isn't required.

Not only that some people describe 'LARP' as 'Cosplay'.  Which kind of blurs the difference between two (or more) very different hobbies/pastimes.

/rant

I can put up with cosplay for 'people going to a covention in fancy dress'... I guess... *shrugs grumpily*
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

vzzbux

Less talk more images.

To show I am not sexist.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

bigjobs67

F##Kin LMAO!!BOYYYY!!!

critter

Quote from: Van Dom on 03 February, 2012, 03:20:22 PM
Last time I went to one I was too embarrassed to go up and ask any of the cosplay girls to pose for a photo with me but this time, fuck it, I don't care.

Photographs will be forthcoming!

I know exactly how you feel. I've felt like a perv asking for pics. Mostly becuase, they're young enough to be my daughter.

critter

James Stacey

Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2012, 09:00:15 PM
I don't like 'Cosplay'...  Whatever is wrong with 'Fancy Dress'? It was called 'Fancy Dress' or 'Dressing Up' for decades, then up pops a term that isn't required.

Not only that some people describe 'LARP' as 'Cosplay'.  Which kind of blurs the difference between two (or more) very different hobbies/pastimes.

/rant

Yeah it's almost as annoying as people referring to 'LRP' as 'LARP' but then both LARP and Cosplay are not British terms. I'm pretty sure Cosplay outside of the confines of a convention is just dressing up mind.

Cthulouis

LARPing without a vowel makes you sound a little like Stallone trying to claim he is the Luurrrrgggggh. I realise the A is redundant, but it does make it nicer to say.

vzzbux

Less chat more images.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Bat King

Quote from: James Stacey on 13 February, 2012, 09:01:02 AM
Quote from: Bat King on 11 February, 2012, 09:00:15 PM

/rant

Yeah it's almost as annoying as people referring to 'LRP' as 'LARP' but then both LARP and Cosplay are not British terms. I'm pretty sure Cosplay outside of the confines of a convention is just dressing up mind.

My friends use both LRP and LARP...  never know which to use...

Not to mention shops named 'Having a LARP' and 'LRP Store' - some consistency would be nice...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

bigjobs67

Hoagy

One for the ugly M**********rs.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Van Dom

Quote from: vzzbux on 14 February, 2012, 07:49:42 PM
Less chat more images.

V

Bloody hell.
Who is this character ? And how have I missed her?
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Hoagy

I think it's a Tomb Raider. Obviously getting a bit desperate as the market desaturates...
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

SpetsnaZ99

You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.