Main Menu

Judge Burdis meets/beats the stars!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 06 October, 2013, 12:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll dedicate this section of select pics to Proudhuff, as he doesn't frequent the world of Facebook.

These are the photos taken in the booths, where you can be photographed with the celebrities and all the ones I have had done are up for a bit of fun.

First up, some creature from the Undercity ;)

While in the rapidly moving, short queue a prop malfunction happened and it's head suddenly dropped and so we had to wait a good ten minutes, while they farted about trying to raise it again.

COMMANDO FORCES

I also met a certain member of a Dinosaur hunting team but had to restrain her, as I then informed her that the incursions that her group had let happen may have ruined the chances of us seeing FLESH on the big screen!

She was absolutely lovely and when I asked her if I could do a choke hold on her, she was up for it and she even did a little scream. Due to being at the end of the queue, I managed to quickly show her the pic and she loved it. She also waited for a pic with Judge Anderson, as Lauren had forgot the time and I pointed her to the booth and she was lovely to her as well.

COMMANDO FORCES

As I waited in the queue for this pic, the security team asked me what I wanted to do with the cuffs (obviously terrified that I was going to put them on her and not have the keys), I reassured them that I just wanted her to hold them.

This was because I was about to arrest a lady of the night and I just handed her the cuffs over so she could cuff herself ;)

When I did hand them over, she said, "mmm what do you want me to do with these?" I was so tempted!

COMMANDO FORCES

The next person was absolutely hilarious and very generous with everyone he met, shaking each persons hand before the picture. While waiting in the queue you could hear him in the booth doing his stuff, with his booming voice.

Steve Green had bought a megaphone for this pic and I was to stand face to face, with me holding the device and pretending to shout at him, while he shouted me down with his natural voice. Obviously this didn't go to plan!

He took the megaphone from me and asked how to use it and when he did, he had a load of feedback and then he yelled
GORDON'S ALIVE!

You can see from the two pics (they gave me a freebie) that when he did shout, I actually recoiled with the sudden blast of his voice, as I didn't expect him to shout down the thing! When this happened, everyone who knew I was getting this pic done knew it was happening then!

Preparing for the onslaught!

Take that Burdis!

Look forward to the next batch, whenever I decide to go to another con in the near future!

Frank

The pop strumpets of my youth are lovely, aren't they? Well done for re-enacting Howler too, John.

Buttonman

Brilliant stuff - Blessed is the greatest living UK cit and I'm jealous you got to bask in his presence.

Billie and Hannah look like game girls - they must have to wash the nerd from their skin when they get home after a long day of pressing the flesh.

What's the deal? Does your ticket get you a picture or are they extra? I'm guessing the latter - £20 a pop? Does that get you an autograph too? Should be getting me one of those booths...

COMMANDO FORCES

You pay extra for the pics and depending on who it is decides the price (awful English there :-[)

You can also pay for autographs at the table area and not the photo booth area. This area is open, so you can see the stars sat at their tables. For the price of the autograph you get a free pic that is on display (they have numerous to be signed) or you bring your own item. During this time you can also have a chat and sometimes a picture. This all depends on how busy they are and it's never them that ushers you away but the crew manning the area.

I paid £15 and £20 for the human guests and £5 for Ludo! These are printed out straight after and you collect them as you leave the booth!

dweezil2

These pics are brilliant John!

Your convention photos never fail to bring a smile to my face!

:thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Fungus

Fantastic pics  :P

The second pic of BB is crying out (shouting out..) for a caption competition.

Dash Decent

"WHO THE HELL NEEDS ONE OF THESE?!?"

Actually, BB doesn't look like he's really letting rip , but I love CF's expression in that one.

What would have been really great would be to make BB look a bit angrier, like he was really shouting, and have CF with his hands over his ears and reacting in agony.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

I bet the "GORDON'S ALIVE!" made everyone look round.

Everyone in the next suburb that is!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

I didn't get a chance to do what was planned let alone that :lol:

SKD

The picture of Mr Blessed bellowing at you has made me laugh each time I've looked at it. Great stuff CF.

Stew.  :lol:

Steve Green

Yeah, the plan fell at first contact with Brian...

Entry to these shows is quite cheap, but they make up for it with the photo sessions/autographs.

It really depends how much as to how sought after the star is, if they have a current show airing (TWD and GoT are probably the biggest at the moment), but Gillian Anderson was one of the biggest of recent years, and they tend to be tucked away in their own booths (same with Karl Urban last year)

Some guests have a 'no posed' photos rule, it really does depend on the guest.

Brian was incredibly popular, his autograph queue never seemed to go down, and I think he chatted quite a bit with people which made them go more slowly.

Proudhuff

what is this Face, book, you speak of?

DDT did a job on me