Main Menu

Millar's KaPow Comic Con London - April 9th n 10th

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2010, 11:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 30 November, 2010, 12:01:40 AM
Ya, that's a bit of a shame, so, no small press then?

Seems there will be a Smallzone booth that is going to sell small press titles, with some conditions:

QuoteDear Smallzoners

It has come to my attention that some small press and indy publishers feel that they have been priced out of this new event in London.

Well I'm going to book a special Smallzone Booth alongside teh Scar Comics Booth

For £20 per title facing I will sell your comics or graphic novels and pass on 100% of your takings.

The only condition is that your book is good, (obvioulsy) that you bring the stock to the con and take unsolds back with you, and that you pay the fee before 20th December.

Once I've raised enough to cover the cost I'll book it.(If there's not enough interest I'll simply return any money paid).

There will be limited space on the booth and it will be first come first served. To make best use of the space titles will be rotated to ensure everyone get's prime exposure too.
To find out more email me or you can ask questions on thr thread I've posted about this on the Smallzone Forum.

all the best

Shane

www.smallzone.co.uk
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Peter Wolf

If everyone chipped who reads the small press like futurequake etc then they could afford a table.Just a thought but i dont know the costs involved but its something to consider.I am not an avid reader of small press comics but i would happily contribute some cash to their cause.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Lady Festina

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 30 November, 2010, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: Lady Festina on 30 November, 2010, 07:03:55 PM

c) organise competing small press event in friendly local hostelry for same days, thus providing home for all boarders and access to Millar's market for small press folks (steal his socks from under him - bwa ha ha ha).....

This could be the start of something big - !

Don't tempt me. Really, don't tempt me.... There's quite a few pubs in Islington that wouldn't charge for hire, but would expect you to spend a minimum at the bar. Not sure we could guarantee that, eh?

Kerrin

I can pretty much guarantee I'll be in the pub for a great deal of the weekend anyway but the chance to get a sketch from Mick McMahon, Steve Dillon and Kev O'neill, plus the other greats, is too tempting.

Hadn't noticed the lack of small press when I ordered the pass. That's a bit shit isn't it?

Doing Bristol and Brum as well next year as well, it's just nice to get away for a weekend and talk pissed up comicy shit to other like minded weirdoes to be honest.

Peter Wolf

I will be booking/reserving a hotel room quite soon as there is a Jurys Inn down the road close to the Sadlers Wells theatre.

Anyone i have previously met want to share a twin room ?

This would cost approx 70 quid.

I dont want o t bother anyone i know for a place to stay since the weekend wont revolve around seeing friends who live in London.

Also if anyone is interested i will be eating at Porchettas down the road which is a very good cheap Italian if anyone else likes eating Italian.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

Quote from: Kerrin on 01 December, 2010, 09:22:07 PMHadn't noticed the lack of small press when I ordered the pass. That's a bit shit isn't it?

Well despite the hyperbole it is actually quite a small venue when compared to the other big comics convention (especially with one aiming for a mix of media like this). So the guest list will be small, table prices higher and the number of tickets with each table are going to be limited.

The upside is that it should be less sprawling and more focused.

Quote from: Lady Festina on 01 December, 2010, 07:24:29 PM

c) organise competing small press event in friendly local hostelry for same days, thus providing home for all boarders and access to Millar's market for small press folks (steal his socks from under him - bwa ha ha ha).....

Don't tempt me. Really, don't tempt me....

Do it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Emperor on 01 December, 2010, 10:41:49 PM

Do it.

You REALLY should

Lady Festina

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 01 December, 2010, 11:30:43 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 01 December, 2010, 10:41:49 PM

So how many of you promise to show up, buy some comics (to get the small press along), drink some beer (to get the venue for free) and have a great time (or pretend to)? If I get 10 Yes's, I'll do it.....

(NB. The 10 people who say Yes may be co-opted as volunteers in some way....)

Do it.

You REALLY should

Lady Festina

Oops - put my reply in the middle of the quote in the last post - sorry, been a long day. What  I meant to say was:

So how many of you promise to show up, buy some comics (to get the small press along), drink some beer (to get the venue for free) and have a great time (or pretend to)? If I get 10 Yes's, I'll do it.....

(NB. The 10 people who say Yes may be co-opted as volunteers in some way....)

CrazyFoxMachine

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Colin YNWA

Since I'm going to the show I'm defo willing to turn up and help out if I can.

ozebane

COMMANDO FORCES

GET IN!

DREDD will be at the con.

Just copied this from Down the tubes

Andrew Macdonald, producer of international blockbuster hits such as Trainspotting, 28 Days Later and Last King of Scotland will be talking about the upcoming Dredd, based on Judge Dredd from the 2000AD comics.

"It's fantastic to be involved with Kapow!," says Andrew, "and I'm really looking forward to talking to all the fans about our upcoming Dredd movie.

"I'll be on the 2000AD panel with a little taster of what people can look forward to from our 2012 release".

Colin YNWA