COMMANDO FORCES

My only sketch from the weekend and it is a BEAUTY :D

Dredd - Ben Willsher
Death - Leigh Gallagher
Fire - Patrick Goddard
Mortis - Mike Collins
Fear - Patrick Goddard/Dylan Teague

COMMANDO FORCES

After a long weekend of creator beatings they finally got their own back, or so they think! Alec Worley, Ben Willsher & Jon Davis-Hunt. All the creators were great sports the whole weekend and the team that put the event on were brilliant as well. I would write more but I'm off to bed, at last!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 March, 2013, 06:48:43 AM
David Roach brought a pile of oricinal art in including this McMahon page alongside Flesh, Ro-Busters, Harlem Heroes, etc...

Bloomin' heck was he selling those and if so did you buy that page(s) its a bloomin' lovely page, I mean absolutely one of the best!

Spikes

Quote from: COMMANDOFORCES on 04 March, 2013, 06:48:43 AM
David Roach brought a pile of oricinal art in including this McMahon page alongside Flesh, Ro-Busters, Harlem Heroes, etc...

wow...  :o

Richmond Clements

Zarjazzer

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 March, 2013, 06:56:53 AM
After a long weekend of creator beatings they finally got their own back, or so they think! Alec Worley, Ben Willsher & Jon Davis-Hunt. All the creators were great sports the whole weekend and the team that put the event on were brilliant as well. I would write more but I'm off to bed, at last!

Total War come crawling out of the crete, eh?  ;)

Great pics!
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

CrazyFoxMachine

My first Cardiff and completely amazing it was too -

Debuted the Journal - which did very well, did a panel which was extraordinarily positive - had lots of luvverly chats at the old Wetherspoons. Will definitely do it again :D

Montynero

Really enjoyed the con and night. Good to meet a few guys from the forum, like rennaisance man Judda Fett ( awesome work in the new zarjaz and soom cool hip hop too), and Shaolin monkey, for whom Connor Boyle will forever be the bald Nick Kamen. All the droids were charming, too many to mention, and it was a pleasure to spend quality time with the Zarjaz folk Bolt 01 and Rich.. I met Dave Broughton too, who created splendid illustrations for my Strontium Dog story in Dogbreath, and out drew me by about ten sketches to one on Saturday. Talented guys!

Dandontdare

Excellent weekend, good to meet old friends and new, some inteersting panels on the 2nd floor (which the hotel people did everything possible to make it hard to get to - I mean, a hotel with no stairs?) Stacey's news-quiz type questions were a particular highlight, especially as Leigh Gallagher got more and more annoyed at his inability to answer them. Second viewing of Minty confirmed it's awesomeness. Got enjoyably wrecked with good company on Saturday night, and sloped off quite early and hungover on Sunday. Can't post any pics yet cos my broadband's stuffed at the mo (I'm in the library)

Richmond Clements

Montynero

Ha-ha! It was three dinners, lets be fair. If only they'd had that pie. I'd still be eating now!

Hmm, actually, I am eating now. Though there's been time in between when I wasn't...

Bolt-01

Yeah, but you were thinking about eating weren't you? :)

It was great to meet you monty, and I'll do a proper post later this week everyone. Cardiff was ace.

judda fett

Cheers Monty, good to meet you and have a butchers at your excellent portfolio. Looking forward to seeing your current project in print. Your dinner skills are extraordinary.

bluemeanie

Hey,
So awesome weekend, cool to put some more faces to names though I'm sure I was my usual anti-social self and just nodded at people before sloping off... Iz is the nice one.

Highlights included Richmond Clements swearing at my mother in law then trying to sell her his book with "It has beheadings and shit"

Saturday night in the Ernest Willows (note to self : dont buy beers on a two-for-a-fiver deal, you just drink them twice as fast and get hammered. Even if Desperados is luurverly)

Burdis being Burdis

The growing laughter during the post Minty screening at THE QUESTION WHICH NEVER ENDED

Seeing Minty on the big screen, especially sat behind art droids making little appreciative coo-ing noises

The always excellent 2000AD panel and being present at the birth of DC's new hit title "John Constantine : Magical Scouser"

Hanging out with the droids, all of whom were cool as fuck. Special thanks to Patrick Goddard for making me feel better after Jon Davis-Hunt and Leigh Gallagher made me feel like a midget. Lanky bastards.

Getting a spider-head-monster sketch from the Thing from Mike Ploog, who did the original storyboards and concept art on the movie

Picking up a copy of the Time Travel anthology and seeing the amazing job Judda Fett did on my story. Much obliged sir!

The Marc Bolan incident

Lady Festina refusing to let me leave the pub on Friday tlll she'd squeezed my arse (thats the next story comp in the bag then)

And the awesome Leigh Gallagher, Ben Willsher, Alec Worley and Jon Davis-Hunt who presented Iz with the pic below, all framed up, at the end of the weekend.

As some of you know I had a job interview first thing Monday morning (today) so was a little stressed about that and as a result ducked out early on Sunday to come home and do some revising, so apologies for not saying proper goodbyes. I'll be nicer at NEXT YEARS CARDIFF EXPO... where I will remember that I'm out in the night so eating something during the day is probably a good idea seeing as I'm an old fart now

Spikes

Quote from: bluemeanie on 04 March, 2013, 04:20:28 PM
Getting a spider-head-monster sketch from the Thing from Mike Ploog, who did the original storyboards and concept art on the movie

Oh, very nice - well done on that.
Any chance of posting a piccy?