Main Menu

The Internet Arcarde

Started by von Boom, 04 November, 2014, 07:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

Spaceghost

I was just on my way to post about this. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. How do the games run?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

JamesC

They seem to run best in Firefox but the sound is a bit dodgy on some. I've only played them via keyboard which isn't the best way to experience the games - you can use a control pad but it seems it's a bit of a faff. It's all still a work in progress really.
The same site hosts the 'Console Living Room' and I've found the Sega Master System games run really well. Things like Wonder Boy in Monster Land are pretty playable via keyboard too.

IndigoPrime

Surprising that a lawyer hasn't given them a smack for this yet.

von Boom

Some of the games are nearly impossible to play with a keyboard. The first one I tried was Defender. Not a good experience. Joust, on the other hand, plays fairly well.

James Stacey

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 November, 2014, 02:10:59 PM
Surprising that a lawyer hasn't given them a smack for this yet.
Standard 'abandonware' process seems to be provide it till someone says otherwise then remove the offending roms. Hardly ever happens though unless its a licence still being actively developed.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: von Boom on 05 November, 2014, 04:58:39 PM
Some of the games are nearly impossible to play with a keyboard. The first one I tried was Defender. Not a good experience. Joust, on the other hand, plays fairly well.
I just did a big piece on that game for Retro Gamer. The issue with Defender is that it had a very specific control set-up that takes a while to get the hang of. It's a tough nut to crack.

Quote from: James Stacey on 06 November, 2014, 04:26:23 PMStandard 'abandonware' process seems to be provide it till someone says otherwise then remove the offending roms. Hardly ever happens though unless its a licence still being actively developed.
Looking through the list, it's a weird mix of obscure and famous, but plenty are still IPs in active useā€”Sega mentioned just the other day it's updating OutRun for 3DS, for example.