Main Menu

Prog 2126 - Earth under siege!

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 06 April, 2019, 07:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: norton canes on 12 April, 2019, 11:02:26 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 11 April, 2019, 05:05:25 PM
I used to struggle with Scarlet Traces, finding the plot hard to follow. Then I bought the collected editions and read them in a fairly short period of time. Doing that I found it all hangs together really well and has gone from being a chore to read to one of the top thrills

Cool, I'll put them on my ever-lengthening 'to buy' list.

One thing that does strike me about Scarlet Traces - admittedly having only read the last second part of the last chapter (progs 2023-2034) - is that, despite striking images like the one on this week's cover, there seems to be a distinct lack of war-waging Martian tripods.

It's a million to one chance of that. :D :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Isn't it just the subs that get these bags, the shop bought ones are still clear, non?
DDT did a job on me

Magnetica

One thing that does strike me about Scarlet Traces - admittedly having only read the last second part of the last chapter (progs 2023-2034) - is that, despite striking images like the one on this week's cover, there seems to be a distinct lack of war-waging Martian tripods.

Yeah...read the first volume of the collection....

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 12 April, 2019, 12:35:26 PM
Isn't it just the subs that get these bags, the shop bought ones are still clear, non?

Nein.

Buttonman

Still not got my subbers copy and I have a letter in the fecker. At least the prize droid is on his game or I'd never have known!

Jacqusie

Quote from: Jacqusie on 08 April, 2019, 10:29:23 PM
Did anyone else spot the alignment anomally on this weeks cover near the top?

Check out the building and Tripod, it looks a cut and paste gone a bit wrong... that's to take nothing away from a great cover...

...ah... just me then...   :)

sheridan

Surely that's because the invasion force hasn't arrived yet?

Fungus

Quote from: Jacqusie on 14 April, 2019, 12:26:34 PM
Quote from: Jacqusie on 08 April, 2019, 10:29:23 PM
Did anyone else spot the alignment anomally on this weeks cover near the top?

Check out the building and Tripod, it looks a cut and paste gone a bit wrong... that's to take nothing away from a great cover...

...ah... just me then...   :)

You can't unsee it either. Doubtful I'd have noticed otherwise.
Note! The thumbnail on page 2 has no such problem.

BPP

Good old mike Carroll.. calling the bad guys 'the parliament'.

Was 'occupying forces' or 'crown' too on the nose?

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

DrJomster

I've just re-read Scarlet Traces vol 1&2 ahead of reading its return. And they were truly awesome, I have to say. Really gorgeous work all round.

And now, I'm back on the prog, and what a good prog it was! Definite 5/5 territory for me! Loved every thrill. And the best bit is, I've now got two more progs ready to go!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

The cover has been fixed on the upcoming Scarlet Traces Vol 3:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.