Main Menu

Comics we're excited about in 2021

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 January, 2021, 09:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Just gives you the excuse for a mammoth from-the-beginning re-read! Although I suppose that should also include the Hellboy Library editions as well. NOM. (Also: how in the heck will I actually have the time to do that?)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 January, 2021, 06:01:47 PM
(Also: how in the heck will I actually have the time to do that?)

Exactly!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Smith

Grendel Odyssey
Tmnt last ronin
More Bronze Age Swamp Thing

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 January, 2021, 12:08:50 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 January, 2021, 11:24:44 AM
...and I prefer paper over screens. So I'm quite happy buying up the ones I like and then selling them on if they're not all that. (e.g. I recently offloaded an entire HC run of Ex Machina. No regrets!)

I tend to find aside from by regularly monthly floppie buys (and Cinebook albums) I'm getting stuff digitally first and then when I love something I'm buying up collections in as shiney a format as I can find / justify. Its quite an expensive and hence slow habit so I'm having to do things like avoiding seeing what Locke and Key shiny is out there for example!

Well avoiding Locke and Key in shiney physical form didn't last long did it. Some B'day cash and a very weak will have seen me snap up the three master edition volumes that landed today and they are very handsome pieces. Chuffed - if a little annoyed at myself for giving in so easily... wonder how I'll feel when the upgrade to The Complete Calvin and Hobbes land later this month as well...

IndigoPrime

Thrilled, I imagine—it's a lovely set.

Tjm86

Lovely?  Go with absolutely stunning!

A perfect format for an amazing piece of work.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 February, 2021, 05:31:10 PM

Well avoiding Locke and Key in shiney physical form didn't last long did it. Some B'day cash and a very weak will have seen me snap up the three master edition volumes that landed today and they are very handsome pieces.

What did you pay for them Coiln?
Been thinking of upgrading my haphazard Locke & Key collection.

Colin YNWA

It was a treat and all in came to £87 - they are lovely though.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 February, 2021, 12:50:02 PM
It was a treat and all in came to £87 - they are lovely though.

Cheers Colin, just checked Amazon UK there, it's coming in with the same price.
Would be very nice to have all six main arcs in these three lovely looking volumes...

Colin YNWA

They are handsome volumes. There's not as much back matter as you might like but that aside they are lovely books - as I've come to expect from IDW to be honest they do do a bang up job with the prestige stuff they produce from what I've seen.

Its a treat, but a nice treat!

Colin YNWA

Ohhh Black Hammer's core series is returning. The spin-offs have by and large been excellent but it is nice when there's a core narrative for them to hand off and with 'Black Hammer - Reborn' coming in June it sounds like that's exactly what we're getting.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/black-hammer-reborn-coming-from-dark-horse-comics-this-june/

Shame Dean Ormston isn't on art - though does seem involved - bu even so very much looking forward to this.

broodblik

More Black Hammer is always great news pity about Dean not on art duties
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

zombemybabynow

The continuation of image comics Saga ?!

The completion of Gutsville?! 😈
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere