Main Menu

Tharg’s 2021 in Review - Best Dredd

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 December, 2021, 07:59:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Judge

Quote from: broodblik on 05 January, 2022, 04:46:22 AM
A message from Kenneth Niemand from his twitter account:

Special thanks to the good people of the 2000AD forum, who voted A Penitent Man (with @JumbleCashback) as Best Dredd story of 2021, and Megatropolis (with @MrMacoubre) as Best Megazine story.

Cool! A shoutout to the forum. Voted for both of these. Great year for Niemand.

Colin YNWA

Oh that's very cool that he's even aware, or someone let him know.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 January, 2022, 06:25:03 AM

I like to imagine that there's an anti-Frank/Wullie Russell somewhere out there, screen-capping nice things off the internet and sending them to creators to cheer them up, rather than, y'know, the other thing...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2022, 06:28:03 AM

I like to imagine that there's an anti-Frank/Wullie Russell somewhere out there, screen-capping nice things off the internet and sending them to creators to cheer them up, rather than, y'know, the other thing...

Is Wullie still doing that (hi Wullie if you still lurk here) I've not seen anything from him in ageeeesssssss. I think he blocks me on Facebook or summit. Please tell me he's stopped doing that slighty creepy stuff?

broodblik

I think a lot of the creators do visit the forum (although they do not post) to get a general feeling of what the fandom like or do not like. So if you read this Kenneth keep up the good Dredd and please more Megatropolis :)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 January, 2022, 06:31:09 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2022, 06:28:03 AM

Is Wullie still doing that (hi Wullie if you still lurk here) I've not seen anything from him in ageeeesssssss. I think he blocks me on Facebook or summit. Please tell me he's stopped doing that slighty creepy stuff?

I don't know, but a friend of mine told me that he's still publicly obsessing about Niemand being Rennie, and he has a list of creators he openly hates that bear the brunt of his ire. Because he doesn't like Rennie, and he imagines that Rennie is Niemand, it follows quite logically that he doesn't like any of Niemand's work and writes rather a lot of copy dissing it and asking people to explain why on earth they like it. Strange, but true.

Any road ... Niemand's establishing himself as an incredibly strong Dredd writer, which is all to the good. Perhaps Niemand is actually an AI - that would explain why he can't be seen on camera in interviews.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 January, 2022, 06:09:57 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 January, 2022, 06:04:52 PM
that would explain why he can't be seen on camera in interviews.

VAMPIRE!

And Rennie said that they'd once "worked together", so maybe he's like Niemand's Renfield (the insect-eating assistant that dusts the coffin and manically rides coaches through terrible forests towards lonely castles).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

Totally missed this due to the Festives, for what its worth totally agree with the outcome!

I knew there were Droidhaters out there, didn't know it was so personal. Its a comic FFS!
DDT did a job on me