Main Menu

How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way

Started by amines2058, 04 January, 2016, 07:23:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but this may interest some of you arty types (it does me!). Hachette (those of Judge Dredd Mega Collection fame) release a new multi-parter on Wednesday. This si s step by step guide to drawing comics the Marvel way. 1st issue 99p including pencil, fineliner pen, steel rule, and putty eraser. Regular price is 4.99. I may pick up a few and see what it is like!

Mardroid

I'm assuming they're covering much more territory than the hardback book authored by Stan Lee of the same name? (A good book by the way.) I hope they don't dilute their work with filler as this could be quite a rip off.

I am intrigued...

Colin YNWA

Interesting, though Stan Lee and John Buscema covered that in just 160 pages in their glorious book you can pick up for bobbins in your local The Works (well I keep seeing it there anyway)

amines2058

Doing a bit of Googling and I think there will be some enhanced content compared to the book, as it appears that Mike Collins amongst other artists has done a number of tutorials throughout the issues. Will give it a go anyway.