Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

It's not the fault of Moore (or any other Brit for that matter) that your star has very much faded in recent years, John.  Maybe try being better rather than bitter?  That might help. 

The board in general is vile.  Reading everyone else's posts is like interrupting Byrne being fellated by multiple strangers.  Reading Byrne's posts is very much like witnessing a charismatic preacher telling his flock how to think and what to believe.  Unpleasant.

I wonder if anyone has mentioned THIS board to him.  He'd HATE it here. 

Maybe someone SHOULD....
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

I like the way nearly everyone is able to be objective and constructvely critical or show their appreciation of JBs work and keep that entirely seperate from the apparent shortcomings of his personality.

I just think that this sets a very good example and speaks volumes about the quality and conduct of those who post on this forum.

Perhaps JB might visit this forum and see this for himself and learn something from it.

I dont like his work at all but nonetheless it is very good.Its nothing personal but his work just has that generic US style about it that i just dont get on with because i find it lacks depth somehow and that indefinable something that draws you into the art and makes you want to look at it and study it.

I just find it a bit bland TBH.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: mikegloady on 25 July, 2009, 04:34:36 PMI wonder if anyone has mentioned THIS board to him.

This very thread stormed its own British* invasion of the JBF.

* Imperially-speaking, of course.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Paul faplad Finch

Jesus, this thread just ate my weekend. 50some pages here plus all the threads linked to on the JBF - which of course is insanely addictive in it's own right- mean that I've barely moved from the spot except to fetch food, go to the lav and sleep. Proof positive that the internet can  rot your brain.

I have two things to say. 
                         1)Byrne needs psychiatric help and so do some of his "fans".
                         2)It's killing me not knowing what went on in those
                           later links.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Jim_Campbell

Ah, well ... Thus ends my time on the JBF, it would seem.

After disagreeing with Byrne over one of his ill-tempered and ill-conceived potshots at Alan Moore (again) on this thread, The Chief made a separate post about .sigs in violation of the forum rules, and simultaneously, my own .sig vanished from my JBF posts.

I think you'll agree that the above post is polite, non-confrontational, and makes a reasonable case?

I return an hour later and discover that the thread now looks like this:

Note the point where JB opines "But sometimes it seems that hoping people will exercise restraint, as well as obey the rules, is asking too much."

Apparently, asking whether the rules have changed is verboten on the JBF, since I have now been banned.

You'll note that this is the same forum that allowed this thread to continue for 17 pages whilst its author shamelessly promoted an anti-Muslim hate tract.

Ah ... John Byrne, we hardly knew ye!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 26 August, 2009, 04:45:13 PM
I think you'll agree that the above post is polite, non-confrontational, and makes a reasonable case?
I don't think that statement could in any way be argued with.  Restraint is precisely what you showed.

Regarding your customary sign off, I've always liked that it might "mute" any real or percieved grumpiness.  The man is, as this thread has proven over and over again, a complete no-bend.

Trout

I'm astonished you lasted so long, Jim!

Well done for fighting the good fight, as long as you were able.

- Trout

Dandontdare

Whilst I agree that JB is a consorious dickwad, I also hate sigs and would like to see the back of them - I always confuse them with the text of the post and they make scanning down multiple threads quickly more difficult. Why are they there? A quote or motto can be added under the avatar, they just get on my tits.

Mike Gloady

I'd never thought of that before DDD.

My sig is now history.  Let others see my example and follow.

Trout

I don't tend to notice them. I didn't even realise I didn't have one until Dandon't posted. Oh well.

Mike Gloady

DAMN IT!

Tried to join, just so I could enjoy the fun of this board with more of an investment (and maybe gain a little notoriety as a flashing blade of wit and wisdom, pricking the bubble of the bubbled, yes I'm that sad) but 'twas not to be.

I've only got yahoo, google and hotmail accounts (personal, business and abandoned respectively) and John doesn't like these so-called "anonymous" emails (mine isn't, it's my almost unique name).  Apparently there has been a lot of "abuse" in the past.

Let's skip past John's "abuse" issues without any purile jokes if we can?  I've already made the best ones in my head and there's no need to share them. 

Fair enough, John, you may have been in line for a spot of what YOU might call "abuse".  But it would have been polite, considered, intelligent and totally unanonymous abuse.  And it wouldn't have been real "abuse" at all, merely something along the lines of what Jim and the others were doing.  I've no interest in signing up just to say "o your krapp u r" or be unpleasant in any way. 

Still, even a reasoned debate would probably count as "abuse" to Mr Byrne.  Ho hum.

I, Cosh

I've just been reading Miracleman for the first time and it turns out JB was right. Everything you know is a lie.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

If you look at the 2 screenshots closely the dates and times that those comments were posted are completely different.

Not only that but on the second screenshot you will notice that JB has somehow been able to travel backwards in time all the way to December 30th 1899 to doctor the thread and delete the post .

Amazing !! how does he do it ??

Forum member David Braun  no post or dictat issued by JB is complete without a sycophant immediately following] was apparently sucked into the same wormhole and he is stuck in the year 1899 as well.

Also somehow JB was able to post his reply to forum member David Braun who posted his comment at exactly the same time as the initial JB post at the beginning of the thread.

There is definately something going on with the space/time continium in that thread.

Quite interesting really.

Looks like you were banned at just the right time or you would be about to be celebrating new years 1899 with an 80 yr wait for prog 1.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 August, 2009, 09:15:52 PM
I've just been reading Miracleman for the first time and it turns out JB was right. Everything you know is a lie.

Hey, The Chief is always right. Always. Never forget that. We love you, JB. I've strapped explosives to myself and I'm off round Tom Brevoort's house.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grae the puppetmaker

Quote from: King Trout on 26 August, 2009, 06:16:30 PM
I'm astonished you lasted so long, Jim!

Well done for fighting the good fight, as long as you were able.

- Trout

I must concur with Trout!

I will miss your attempts to inject sanity to the JB Forum. I still consider it a daily 'must read', but in the same way as people will slow down to stare at a car crash.