Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

Just following other people's links that rat hole is enough to rot your mind- you're best off out of it, Jim.
Pffft...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Matt Timson on 27 August, 2009, 12:17:01 PM
you're best off out of it, Jim.

I know, I know ... but now I need a new hobby!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Bah! I knew I shouldn't have, but I just read that't last thread Jim lonked to... fuck me, that man is a knob.
But what's worse are the bllody twats hanging on his every (contradictory) word. Sad, sad place...

Proudhuff

hey Jim I got as far as this classic hoot from the country of Fox News...

Yeah, but that news coverage is almost always slanted to the left and it rips off the humanity and heroism of those who are fighting on our behalf.

and gave up, you did well to hang in there , I'd have lost the will to live.
DDT did a job on me

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Proudhuff on 27 August, 2009, 04:05:59 PM
hey Jim I got as far as this classic hoot from the country of Fox News...

Yeah, but that news coverage is almost always slanted to the left and it rips off the humanity and heroism of those who are fighting on our behalf.

and gave up, you did well to hang in there , I'd have lost the will to live.

Maybe it's just as well they won't let me in.  I think I'd just start gibbering insanely and slapping myself.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SamuelAWilkinson

Does this all mean we have to recruit someone else to go infiltrate the JBF? I nominate ThryllSeeker.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Richmond Clements

Paul faplad Finch

I tried to join a few weeks back but was rebuffed on the disposable email rule.This is the second time I've had this happen - the first was a Doctor Who forum - and I have to question the logic. I mean, everyone I know has these kind of set ups, at least for personal, use so they must be excluding a pretty wide majority. Or maybe my social circle is skewed.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: faplad on 27 August, 2009, 07:30:16 PM
I tried to join a few weeks back but was rebuffed on the disposable email rule.
Disposable email?

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: Odd_Bloke on 27 August, 2009, 07:31:31 PM
Disposable email?

yahoo, hotmail and the like. I hadn't heard the phrase either until the Who forum threw it at me but then I'm virtually computer iliterate. I think someone else - looks at old posts, finds Mike Gloady - had the same problem a few days ago.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

TordelBack

QuoteDoes this all mean we have to recruit someone else to go infiltrate the JBF? I nominate ThryllSeeker.

Hee hee, once the Mayor has made his official civic visit we could get one of those "Twinned with Hades"-type signs for the front page.  JB could come judge our Flower Show.

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: faplad on 27 August, 2009, 07:39:32 PM
yahoo, hotmail and the like. I hadn't heard the phrase either until the Who forum threw it at me but then I'm virtually computer iliterate. I think someone else - looks at old posts, finds Mike Gloady - had the same problem a few days ago.
Ah, OK.  I'd call those 'webmail'.  There's a site, the name of which I forget, which only allows you to receive mail, and doesn't have password protection.  It's just intended for giving to places you don't want to give a real email address to (and who aren't going to send your personal information to you, obviously).  That's a kni disposable email.

Jim_Campbell

A while back, I realized that I was registered with the JBF on an old e-mail address so I tried to update it and had the same thing when I put in my new e-mail address. However, given that I use a .mac address, which costs me £69 per year, I was a bit aggrieved that they initially rejected it on the grounds that it was a 'disposable' web address.

Still, shouldn't really be surprised to encounter unreasonable, inconsistent or illogical behaviour on the JBF, eh? The same forum that produced a procession of nay-sayers when I had the audacity to suggest that there was a bit of an anti Alan Moore bias in evidence ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Any email account is ultimately disposable .

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death