Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Quote from: TordelBack on 27 August, 2009, 07:43:34 PM
QuoteDoes this all mean we have to recruit someone else to go infiltrate the JBF? I nominate ThryllSeeker.

Hee hee, once the Mayor has made his official civic visit we could get one of those "Twinned with Hades"-type signs for the front page.  JB could come judge our Flower Show.
Great idea!

"You Brits can't run a flower show!  I hate Alan Moore's pansies."

I'd love him to come on here, have a little pop at us and be unnecessarily grumpy in amongst our reasonable politeness - it'd make up for Jim's totally uncalled-for polite reasonableness all over his board.

Here's my entry in the flower show:

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

James Stacey

sites like Spam.la are desposable email addresses. Seems mostly to be used for _ahem_ adult entertainment, but its good for signing up for software and the like that require an email addy but you don't want to get spam for them forever. Most if not all ISPs will give you an email address with your internet connection so it's only really people with no internet at home and only a work account or the like that would have issue I guess. Interesting point, I don't have the exact law to hand but if you'r work don't allow personal emails to your work email account, they are obliged to provide you with a secondary emial address for personal use.

Trout

I like roses, unsurprisingly.

I've long been toying with the idea of declaring war on another board, just for a cheap laugh. I hesitate to suggest it, though, as it would cause HUGE trouble.

Still... we could send infiltrators to spread dissent, a la Block Mania, before we launch an Apocalypse War-style invasion.

Of course, we would need to suspend new registrations on this board, as a sort of Apocalypse Warp.

Can you tell I've been thinking about this too much? :-)

- Trout-in-Chief

Mike Gloady

Maybe just a tad.

Regarding warfare, I think it's ultimately a bad idea.  For all kinds of reasons, not least of which is the idea of planning an invasion seems like trollery.  Sorry to be serious for a second (and I know you weren't seriously suggesting that, Trouty).

Happening to BE a member of anothe board and being polite and reasonable like Jim was isn't a problem, especially as, once he'd experienced a bit of Byrne-madness he nipped back here and shared.  Nothing wrong with that as far as I can see.  Any other boards you guys post on that amuse/infuriate?

Mike Gloady

Lovely rose by the way.

I smell another thread......

Trout

Yeah, Mike. That's what I was thinking. As I said, I was reluctant even to post it. Very bad idea. Don't try this at home.

[spoiler]You fucking killjoy.  :)[/spoiler]
- Trout

Mike Gloady

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 28 August, 2009, 01:10:47 PM
  Any other boards you guys post on that amuse/infuriate?

I post on one or two other forums that are not comic related .

The comments are sometimes amusing but the trolls dont really infuriate though because they are easily disposed of.They dont tend to last very long and i am good at silencing them.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Radbacker

Stay away from the aint it cool news forums for that way lies madness, still can be entertaining to read just be careful not to bite, pro trolls galore.

CU Radbacker

Mike Gloady

*sigh*

I miss this thread.....

Colin Zeal

Damn you all. I've just spent the last 90 minutes reading through this thread the Byrne forum. I've never read any of his work, yet that forum is one of the funniest (and scariest) things I've seen in my laugh.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 25 November, 2009, 05:43:35 PM
*sigh*

I miss this thread.....

'Snot my fault he banned me! I hadn't actually done anything, either ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Mike Gloady

I know Jim, *pats head* I know.

Glad it brought another boarder a few grins, Colin.

Colin Zeal

It certainly did that. I want to go back on it, but I think my head might explode if I did. Plus I'd never get anything done at work today.

Jim_Campbell

Submitted without comment ...

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.