Main Menu

Byrne on Moore & Brits

Started by abc warrior, 10 June, 2006, 02:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I'm kind of pleased he had the courage of his convictions, because when I voted his name was NOT present, presumably whoever got the next least nominations got a nod instead and a good thing too.  He's a cock, he has no grace about the whole thing, but well done to him for actually doing it rather than just moaning on his own forum to assembled sycophants.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 24 May, 2010, 03:53:37 PM
I'm kind of pleased he had the courage of his convictions, because when I voted his name was NOT present

I've actually noted this over on the Eagle thread, and I agree.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

''but at this stage of my career I'm not competing with anyone but myself'' has he sunk that low? :D
DDT did a job on me

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 May, 2010, 03:11:26 PM
''but at this stage of my career I'm not competing with anyone but myself'' has he sunk that low? :D

He also appears to not understand the distinction between a competition and a poll!

The thing I find bemusing about Byrne is this seemingly deliberate intent to portray himself as an unrelenting cock on the internet, even when there's no need. He did it on the Gail Simone charity thread, and he's doing it again here. I mean, he could have said: "Actually, I knew Dick Giordano quite well and I think it's fitting that he should win. I'll have my name taken off the ballot -- if you were going to vote for me, vote for Dick instead."

Strange, strange man.

Cheers!

Jim

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 May, 2010, 03:11:26 PM

I can sort of relate to that statement if it means that you are constantly trying to improve your artwork but that might just be my interpretation of it.

Otherwise it just reads as "I am so much more talented than everyone else etc etc and have been doing it for so long that i dont need to compete with anyone else anymore".
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

JOE SOAP

I only have to look at the one Dredd story he drew and know that he ain't as great as he believes.

Peter Wolf

I just dont like his style of artwork in the slightest.It has that generic US Marvel/DC superhero look about it which i find very very boring.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

Yet more of the comedy stylings of John Byrne!

Byrne asserts that Shakespeare was a frontman for Edward de Vere based on a book he read that was really expensive and so must be true, gets argued into the ground by Knut Robert Knutsen and finally declares Knut (dangerous name -- could get you banned) is a hypocrite because his support for Shakespeare as being the author of Shakespeare's plays is the equivalent of blindly accepting the existence of God and sticks Knut on his 'Ignore' list!

I know I shouldn't keep going back, but it's the gift that keeps giving.

Cheers!

Jim

JayzusB.Christ

Ho, ho! What a clown! Hats off to Knut for daring to oppose the darling leader. John Byrne - John Shite more like
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Matt Timson

"How was it Sherlock Holmes phrased it? When the impossible is eliminated, what remains, however improbable, must be true."

In that case, John- you're a massive wanker.  Case closed.

I always regret following those links...
Pffft...

WoD

I actually love it when this thread comes back up again...always makes me smile and scratch my head in wonder...

Matt Timson

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 May, 2010, 04:08:55 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 24 May, 2010, 03:53:37 PM
I'm kind of pleased he had the courage of his convictions, because when I voted his name was NOT present

I've actually noted this over on the Eagle thread, and I agree.

Cheers!

Jim

Don't kid yourselves, ladies.  If he thought, even for a minute, that he might actually win- he'd be lapping it up.  John Byrne is a deeply, deeply insecure man.

Pffft...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Matt Timson on 05 July, 2010, 11:49:27 AM
Don't kid yourselves, ladies.  If he thought, even for a minute, that he might actually win- he'd be lapping it up.  John Byrne is a deeply, deeply insecure man.

His new thing has been an undercurrent of "Dick Giordano didn't ink anything, his studio did it all" that he's managed to mention on about three separate occasions since Giordano died. Usually prefaced by "In the interests of historical accuracy..."

Contemptible little prick.

Cheers

Jim

Matt Timson

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 05 July, 2010, 12:00:19 PMContemptible little prick.

Also in the interests of historical accuracy.
:thumbsup:
Pffft...

JayzusB.Christ

A serious question for a second: does anyone know if there's an actual psychological term (fitting as the term 'contemptible little prick' is) to describe the type of insecurity John Byrne displays, i.e.  to become obsessed with somebody else who has done better than you in your own field and harp on and on about them?

If you don't like Alan Moore don't read his comics - fuck off and stick to writing your own less important and less innovative ones.  Mind you I have to say I find Byrne's deluded witterings more entertaining than Tom Strong.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"