Main Menu

Flesh Final book

Started by broodblik, 13 February, 2023, 08:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

This is becoming a "hot" topic, as this Facebook post will attest to.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Art

Alternatively Facebook is a land of lunatics who will always find something to be performatively upset by.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 17 February, 2023, 03:59:21 PMThis is becoming a "hot" topic, as this Facebook post will attest to.

The megaverse page is a hotbed of twats who all seem to hate the comic. I've either left at some point or been banned, so can't see whatever drivel they're spouting.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 February, 2023, 05:18:13 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 17 February, 2023, 03:59:21 PMThis is becoming a "hot" topic, as this Facebook post will attest to.

The megaverse page is a hotbed of twats who all seem to hate the comic. I've either left at some point or been banned, so can't see whatever drivel they're spouting.
Basically divided with some of them seemingly against Mills and/or Flesh returning, while others seem to be keen with both coming back.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Funt Solo

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 February, 2023, 05:18:13 PMThe megaverse page is a hotbed of twats who all seem to hate the comic.

I got banned from there a few years ago for this (paraphrasing):

Mod-Entity: "Everyone agrees with my outrageously sweeping opinion".
Me: "I don't".
Mod-Entity: [Invokes banhammer]

They've gone from being an open forum visible to all (where you have to toe the group-think or be punished) to being a closed club. I suppose that's good news: people have to opt in to the drivel.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

TBH I never really got into Flesh.  Kind of 'enjoyed' Book 2 with Belardinelli on art duties but it always left me cold.  I thought the Savage reboot worked initially but after a while it seemed to crawl up its own Ourabourous, especially when it started to merge with ABCRobusters.  I'm probably going to sound sacrilegious for saying that I never got Slaine (yes, that many books was definitely too many). 

So I'm definitely in the 'not a massive Mills fan' camp.  Or rather, I tend towards the more picky fan.  Charley's War was outstanding, then again the polemical dimension was rather muted.  Mills didn't really need to shove it down our throats, just let events do the job for him.  When he returned to Savage he still seemed to manage the same restraint when he had Adlard on art duties.  I always found it more than a little amusing how much the volts looked like US troops. 

More recently though he seems to have devolved into the sort of conspiracy nut that would have us convinced all Covid vaccines are designed to harm us and / or the pandemic was some attempt to bring the human race to heel. He isn't quite full on "David Icke" but at times it does feel like he could slip that way at any moment.

Maybe if I felt like either he or Flesh had anything left to offer I'd be a bit more enthusiastic.  As it is "Tin Man" has left me feeling less than optimistic ...  :-\

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Monarch

2000ad megaverse already seems unhinged going by their rules  :lol:

I mean no posts about the 1984 annual?!? what?

JohnW

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 February, 2023, 01:11:24 AM2000ad megaverse already seems unhinged going by their rules  :lol:

In fairness, the 1984 annual wasn't as good as 1983's.
*barricades the windows and starts filling molotovs*
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

nxylas

Quote from: The Monarch on 18 February, 2023, 01:11:24 AM2000ad megaverse already seems unhinged going by their rules  :lol:

I mean, I assume there's a story behind that, but I'm struggling to think what it could be. Was there something especially controversial about the 1984 annual?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: nxylas on 18 February, 2023, 10:10:49 AM

I mean, I assume there's a story behind that, but I'm struggling to think what it could be. Was there something especially controversial about the 1984 annual?

There was probably a story with a BAME and/or female lead. That usually gets their dander up.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 18 February, 2023, 10:10:49 AM

IIRC it was a scenario in which someone expressed a liking for it and then got ritually ripped to shreds and trolled until they lost their sense of reason, at which point the real feeding frenzy began and it's become a running joke long after the poor noob had been run out of town. Now they keep the idea around like a serial killer keeps trophies.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 17 February, 2023, 05:18:13 PMI've either left at some point or been banned
Same. I imagine the latter.

Richard

They sound like lovely, well-adjusted people.

paddykafka

It is surely only a matter of time, before prospective members of this forum are led into a room, placed on a chair behind a table - with a desk lamp shining upon their face being the only light source - while a moderator asks of them: "Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Megaverse?"  :D