Taryn Tailz

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 07 July, 2017, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 08:45:27 PM
Quote from: JLC on 07 July, 2017, 09:39:43 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 06 July, 2017, 11:50:59 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 06 July, 2017, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 06 July, 2017, 10:29:36 PM
Well it doesn't matter about his/her private parts.   Turning the Doctor female will turn the show into a complete fucking joke full stop.

Based on what...women being inferior to men?

Based on the fact that the Doctor's always been a man and that I don't want to see a female Doctor and probably the same with many other people too.
Right you don't want to see a female Doctor, & a lot of other people probably don't to. But you still haven't answered the question of how, in real terms, it will turn the show into a joke?

Did Missy turn the show into a joke? The Master has always been a man.

Times change, get with it daddio! Stop being an L7!

Yes I do think Missys turned the show into a joke.   Not only is this gender change Timelord stupid and pointless but she was like Mary Poppins on speed.

Thanks...I'll just go and tell all my transgender friends that they're stupid and pointless people.

I see.  So just because I think that all this Timelord gender change stuff in the show is stupid and pointless that means I think transgender people are stupid and pointless?

That's certainly how you've come across in this thread...hence why people have been making the Daily Mail comments.

Daveycandlish

Wot Jim and Greg said.
It's been nigh on 30 years since the Doc was an older bloke. 10 year olds don't know him as an older lead and only the middle aged viewers have enjoyed Capaldi.
TBH if you aren't enjoying it anymore just stop watching. Or is that too sensible?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 07 July, 2017, 10:02:45 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 08:58:27 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 07 July, 2017, 08:54:36 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 08:45:27 PM
Quote from: JLC on 07 July, 2017, 09:39:43 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 06 July, 2017, 11:50:59 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 06 July, 2017, 10:40:01 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 06 July, 2017, 10:29:36 PM
Well it doesn't matter about his/her private parts.   Turning the Doctor female will turn the show into a complete fucking joke full stop.

Based on what...women being inferior to men?

Based on the fact that the Doctor's always been a man and that I don't want to see a female Doctor and probably the same with many other people too.
Right you don't want to see a female Doctor, & a lot of other people probably don't to. But you still haven't answered the question of how, in real terms, it will turn the show into a joke?

Did Missy turn the show into a joke? The Master has always been a man.

Times change, get with it daddio! Stop being an L7!

Yes I do think Missys turned the show into a joke.   Not only is this gender change Timelord stupid and pointless but she was like Mary Poppins on speed.

Thanks...I'll just go and tell all my transgender friends that they're stupid and pointless people.

I see.  So just because I think that all this Timelord gender change stuff in the show is stupid and pointless that means I think transgender people are stupid and pointless?

That's certainly how you've come across in this thread...hence why people have been making the Daily Mail comments.

So if someone doesn't want a female Doctor and they don't like the Timelords being able to change gender (which is a Nu Who thing) they're an idiot, a sexist and a transphobe?   

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 07 July, 2017, 10:10:24 PM
Wot Jim and Greg said.
It's been nigh on 30 years since the Doc was an older bloke. 10 year olds don't know him as an older lead and only the middle aged viewers have enjoyed Capaldi.
TBH if you aren't enjoying it anymore just stop watching. Or is that too sensible?

How do you know it's only middle aged viewers who enjoyed Capaldi?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

Viewing figures slumped and toy sales fell off a cliff. That says that kids aren't enjoying it.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Here's a leftfield suggestion. Maisie Williams, Arya Stark from off of outta Game of Thrones. A young actress playing a grumpy granny Doctor could be interesting.

Although a female Doctor would be a big lezzer after centuries of being a man. That would just turn all the female viewers into big lezzers and then I'd never get proper sex wiff gurls...

*shakes fist at clouds*
You may quote me on that.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 07 July, 2017, 11:43:26 PM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 07 July, 2017, 11:25:49 PM

Viewing figures slumped and toy sales fell off a cliff. That says that kids aren't enjoying it.

If that's the case then how do you know that's because kids aren't enjoying it?   For a start a huge chunk of the audience are older males and they probably buy just as much toys and merchandise as the kids (who are probably mainly and overwhelmingly young boys).   In fact I'd argue that something like Missy's put a lot of people off the show.

I bet most males of all ages can't stand the silly Mary Poppins like character.   

Richard

I doubt it.

And if Mary Poppins had murdered people then it would have been a much better film.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Richard on 08 July, 2017, 01:00:17 AM
I doubt it.

And if Mary Poppins had murdered people then it would have been a much better film.

So you think boys and men who are probably the biggest chunk of the audience by far would not watch the show because of a good solid Doctor?   

You think most of them would like a highly camp, annoying Mary Poppins lookalike?   

Ya know come to think of it ---- Forget the Doctor and the monsters I can really imagine young boys in the playground pretending to be missy with her umbrella.   

sheridan

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 07 July, 2017, 09:41:42 AM
It's like those Bugs Bunny cartoons where everyone piles on top of the Rabbit! ABCwarBOT feels a Lady Time Lord would be off-putting for a lot of viewers and you could argue that he has a point. Don't we tend to associate men with Authority more than women? That might sound awful to modern ears who believe in equality, but the politicians we elect overwhelmingly are men despite protest from the woman and justice advocates for 50% male/female candidates.
Speak for yourself.  My boss is female, her boss is female and her boss is female.

Also - last time I looked at a ballot paper most of the names on it were male.  In fact, just checked, 80% of the choices were men.  As you point out, if 50% of the candidates were female maybe there would be more balance in those who actually get elected?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 08 July, 2017, 12:45:35 AM

Among my friends and family that are male and watch Doctor Who nearly all of them thought Missy was fantastic and often the highlight of the show.

Modern Panther

QuoteI bet most males of all ages can't stand the silly Mary Poppins like character.   

I'm a 37 year of old male, and I think she was the highlight of the season.  I don't think I've heard anyone say anything negative about her until now.

Show of hands?  Who disliked Missy?

Greg M.

Quote from: Modern Panther on 08 July, 2017, 10:16:15 AM
Show of hands?  Who disliked Missy?

Me. I think she's absolutely awful - a relentlessly annoying character, up there with River Song in the irritating stakes. Would I have felt that way if she wasn't supposed to be the Master? Yep. Fair play to those of you who loved her though.

jacob g

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 08 July, 2017, 07:46:01 AM
Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 08 July, 2017, 12:45:35 AM

Among my friends and family that are male and watch Doctor Who nearly all of them thought Missy was fantastic and often the highlight of the show.

I liked her, but TBH people seem to be annoyed with Clara and I liked her as well, and River Song, and most of the female cast (I struggled with Martha Jones but ended up with some sentiment for her too).
margaritas ante porcos