Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefy2shoes

Colin YNWA

Man the stuff you get from Roger Langridge always blows me away Chief. That's another gem.

Link Prime

Great stuff as always Chief.

Our own Neil McClements does a mean Nick F.

Rogue Judge

I Picked up a DD sketch by artist Tom Grindberg this past weekend at a convention. I'm really happy with it!

(Grindberg also did some covers for the Quality Comics Dredd reprints in the 90s and I got him to sign a couple. Might post that later)

This fantastic thread needed dusting off - anybody got anything else new to share??

chiefy2shoes

Finished my Usagi Yojimbo Mugshot grid

And the Cartoon Villains one

Colin YNWA

Terry Doyle

This example leads into my WANTS list . . .

I'm currently trying to put-together a KELLY'S EYE serial (from the VALIANT comic-book) that commenced early April 1965.

The story's commonly known as 'The Vampire of Raffino' and ran for 24 episodes (48 pages in total).

Currently I own two-thirds of the story art (32 pages), but am missing 16 originals.  I do know the whereabouts of one of the missing pages, but the owner's trying to gouge me - and I'm not playing.

Here's an example page I own (episode 3 page 1).  If anyone has any OA pages from this serial they might be prepared to sell or trade, please get in touch . . .

Terry Doyle

Another story (from the VALIANT) that I'm also trying to piece-together is a STEEL CLAW storyline that also ran from early April 1965.  This one ran for 9 episodes (18 pages in total). 

Currently, I own 10 of the pages, with another 8 to find.

Here's an example OA page I own (episode 3 page 1).  If anyone here has any pages from the storyline they might be prepared to release to me, please get in touch!

Terry Doyle

Currently, I'm into collecting original movie poster paintings.  At the moment I'm at about 21 originals. 

Here's one of my favourites . . .

Tom Chantrell's original painting that was used as the basis for the movie poster campaign of the Hammer Horror movie, RASPUTIN, THE MAD MONK (1966). Deemed too risqué as originally painted (rape scene at the bottom of the art), the artwork was revised (censored) for the final poster that would have been displayed in cinemas at the time.

Surviving Hammer originals appear to be thin on the gound, not helped by the fact that Chantrell was known to cannibalize his own art (cutting parts out of single paintings for re-use when the movies got re-issued as double-bill presentations).  Luckily, old RASPUTIN managed to escape Chantrell's knife . . .

Link to my on-line Comic Art Fans galleries:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=1865

Link Prime

Great stuff Terry.
Movie posters wouldn't be my own personal niche, but they're gorgeous.

I assume difficult to obtain (and expensive)?

Rogue Judge

Fury: Agent 13 #2 prelim Cover by Mike Zeck - picked it up yesterday!

Mute77

Love mike zeck art especially his punisher stuff..nice purchase!

SuperSurfer

Mike Zeck did some amazing work on Shang-Chi. A brilliant cover artist.

Colin YNWA

Yep Mike Zeck is astonishing, one of my all time favourite American artists, alas he's never done much that I've been fussed about. I own his and DeMatteis' Captain America run mainly to have a big chunk of his work. Its good fun and all but lordy its glorious to look at.

ming

Make Mine McCarthy.  Of a few recent arrivals, two are about a million times too big to fit on a scanner (they're larger than A2) and need flattening out before I can attempt to photograph them, but in the meantime there's this one (A4 and lovely)...