Main Menu

'ello Squires

Started by paulphee, 14 February, 2011, 08:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulphee

Hi everyone. I am a new reader to 2000AD jumping on with Prog 1700, despite reading American comics for over 15 years, and reading trades from the library when possible (just finished Xtinct, and JD: The Armageddon War - have Complete Case Files bk1 and Savage vol 1 next on list).

Will be making my way to KaPow in April, and hope to be a bit more of a presence than I am on the many other forums I've joined

Paul

SmallBlueThing

Welcome to the fold. New readers are the best kind- many of us here have been around since the start and it's brilliant, absolutely fantastic, when someone new starts. Have fun and yes, grab as many trades as you can, it's (mostly) all good!
SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome aboard Paul, keep a look out for a few of us on here at KAPOW!

vzzbux

Welcome. Don't let us old bastards put you off.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Dandontdare

Welcome! It's great that new readers are still coming on board. There's nothing we like better than showing off, so feel free to ask questions!

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Stu101

Hey there Paul!

Cool that 2000ad still has the hook to pull in (& hold?) new readers.
Be cool to get someone in the know (I think this'll be the forum to find em)
to give you some info* on pivotal Dredd stories of the past (I presume he's still the main draw for the earthlets that read the progs)(?)

* Chronological order/ Important Story Arcs
Damn good stories/Great art/Etc etc

Hope you enjoy the ride!

SuperSurfer

Spaceghost

Hi there.

A new reader eh? What made you pick up prog 1700 (apart from the fantastic cover)? Were you already aware of 2000AD or did you buy it on a whim?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Grimmyx22

Hi Paul. Don't be shy now.  :)

TordelBack

Weclome, Paul.  Unless you're here to get movie news you're in luck!

HOO-HAA

Welcome to the coolest board in Net Land, Paul!  :D

paulphee

Quote from: Lee Bates on 15 February, 2011, 09:48:35 AM
Hi there.

A new reader eh? What made you pick up prog 1700 (apart from the fantastic cover)? Were you already aware of 2000AD or did you buy it on a whim?

I'd actually tried on a number of occasions but always seemed to pick up progs which were all in the middle of storylines, and couldn't get into it. Knowing 1700 was being pimped as an ideal jumping on point, I made the concious decision to give it a go for at least a month (I also give any american series I'm interested in 4 issues to hook me or it's binned or trades), and have been with it and the Meg since

paulphee

Quote from: Stu101 on 15 February, 2011, 12:12:18 AM
Hey there Paul!

Cool that 2000ad still has the hook to pull in (& hold?) new readers.
Be cool to get someone in the know (I think this'll be the forum to find em)
to give you some info* on pivotal Dredd stories of the past (I presume he's still the main draw for the earthlets that read the progs)(?)

* Chronological order/ Important Story Arcs
Damn good stories/Great art/Etc etc

Hope you enjoy the ride!

If anyone wants to point me in the direction of their recomendations I'll be glad to give anything a go. For now, I'll just plow through the Case Files as and when I get the time