Main Menu

Fear the Badge - Fanzine

Started by james newell, 13 July, 2020, 01:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james newell

anyone have a copy of "Fear the Badge" fanzine that they could pass on to me, photos would do if there is not a digital copy?

I was involved but never got a copy, I have some unpublished material that may not have ever ended up in the zine to sweeten the deal if your interested in a trade?

Bolt-01

I've never heard of this. When did it happen?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

Have I remembered this tag line wrong?

Respect the Badge
Fear the Gun
Dredd the man?
Lock up your spoons!

james newell

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 July, 2020, 06:39:49 PM
I've never heard of this. When did it happen?

sorry, we are talking way back, 97 or some thing like that :

Bolt-01

strontium71

If this is the fanzine created by Paul Dick , I remember this well. I print T-shirts for a living , and back in the mid nineties Paul got in touch asking for some shirts with the badge printed on. He wanted Ezquerra inserted in the name slot , and said he was giving it to Carlos (!). Tbh , I was a bit sceptical but did some anyway.
One morning , I think on the Big Breakfast , Carlos was promoting something , and lo and behold: he was wearing the very same shirt I'd made  :lol:
I did some (basic) art for the zine and other bits. He did promise to articulate a Halcyon Dredd statue for me that I gave him as recompense. Didn't see it ever again.
...because I hate you.

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 13 July, 2020, 07:52:11 PM
Have I remembered this tag line wrong?

Respect the Badge
Fear the Gun
Dredd the man?

Sounds a bit like I Am The Law! by Anthrax.

Respect the Badge - He earned it with his blood.
Fear the Gun - The sentence may be Death because...
I Am The Law!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

james newell

Quote from: strontium71 on 13 July, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
If this is the fanzine created by Paul Dick .

Yes Paul Dick was the editor, would this be one of your T's then?, I designed the logo, i cringe a little looking at it now.

strontium71

All I remember is being sent a drawing of the badge with a gap where the name goes. I then printed out different letters , and then slotted them in accordingly. Very archaic times at work back then. Nowadays draw it in the computer , and print it out onto acetate. Boom! Artwork done  :lol:
...because I hate you.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I was right.

Cover of Prog 443

Can't figure out how to link to it though ("cannot access uploads path")
Lock up your spoons!

james newell