Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

I think it's pretty self-evident that the Saudis and other rich arabs, who rely entirely on US support, back fundamental terrorism that is murderously opposed to the US. And consequently, US officials, agencies and so all obscure those connections as much as possible, as the Saudis and other rich arabs are both profit-making for their interests and as useful a tool as they are a source of pain.

It's not so much a calculated conspiracy as a confederacy of (greedy hypocritical) dunces.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 April, 2016, 11:07:58 AM

It's not so much a calculated conspiracy as a confederacy of (greedy hypocritical) dunces.

I think that hits the nail (many nails, actually) squarely on the head (except for the "dunces" part - many of these confederates are exceptionally clever and calculating).
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

The Saudis fund Islamic extremists because this keeps those extremists away from Saudi Arabia and engaged in wars in the rest of the Middle East.  It's kind of like the US bombing the fuck out of somewhere to stop its residents exporting their violence to US soil - only the Saudi method (not that I'm condoning it) actually seems to work.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 20 April, 2016, 11:07:58 AM

Add to the mix: Saudi Arabia is a major supporter of Pakistan. Pakistan has nuclear weapons. What do you think the Saudis have got in return for their support?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Modern Panther

The Saudi refusal to decrease oil production, which has decreased oil profits, and its funding of extremists in Syria, also has a negative effect on Iran, which can now sell oil to the west via Syrian pipelines.  The slows the "normalizing" of Iranian relationships with western nations, preventing the Shai nation from challenging Sunni Saudi Arabia as the region's biggest player.

We're learning more about this Great Game not because of some shadowy pysops involving the world's media, but because we live in an increasingly connected and informed world, filled with flawed individuals.

The Legendary Shark

Further, Saudi Arabia also supports IS - albeit quietly.

There does seem to be a facade here. Why did the US authorities censor those 28 pages if they do indeed implicate Saudi Arabia in the 9/11 attacks? If that alleged information had been made public, would the lucrative wars on Afghanistan and Iraq have seemed so attractive to the hawks and the military industrial complex, and the governments of the world, at the time? Afghanistan and Iraq, after all, possessed second and third rate military hardware but Saudi's armaments were top notch - the best we could sell them, in fact.

September 11th 2001 is the day our entire planet went mad. Leaving aside all the other inconsistencies and questions surrounding those terrible attacks on that dark day, have we been led to today's bloody mess by nothing but lies (remember WMDs?), profiteering and our governments' insatiable hunger for power?

I think we have. And, whether you agree with my world-view and solutions or not, and I know that many of you do not (which is cool and socially healthy, by the way),  I think at least some of you will agree that it's time we stopped letting these monsters of ours get away with it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

For fascinating background into how and why Saudi Arabia originally became a western ally, and the rise of Wahabi fundamentalism, check out Adam Curtis' excellent documentary Bitter Lake - downloadable on BBC iplayer

The Legendary Shark

No wonder Saudi Arabia's bricking it. Capital costs for installed solar power has fallen 60% in the last four years, according to a new report from Deutsche Bank. The report claims costs could fall another 40% in coming years. Oil is on its way out and now this 9/11 thing...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

last_72hrs.gif

Prince's soul departing the planet? HAARP weather modification wave? Alien interference? Equipment malfunction? Data artefacts? Hoax? Unknown natural phenomena? Don't ask me, I've no idea.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quite frankly I wouldn't mourn his loss if he did meet his maker. Vile example of a human.

The Legendary Shark

I've never met the man, so I couldn't say. Prince and Merle Haggard also spoke out against the same phenomenon but I've never met them, either, so who knows?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 April, 2016, 10:10:37 AM
Quite frankly I wouldn't mourn his loss if he did meet his maker. Vile example of a human.

Any particular reason? I know next to nothing about him (apart from things like 'when he's swimming in the sea he doesn't get wet; the sea gets Chucked' and so on, ad nauseum).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Very active conservative texan politicical supporter, with strong family ties to the KKK and has been put on record as refusing to work with LGBT+ people. He's a typical white extremist who I have ni small measure of distaste for.

Professor Bear

Don't be too hard on old Chuck, as he's one of those people who just got left behind by the modern world: an old-fashioned conservative rather than a hateful far-right loon, I believe his LGBT record stems not from maliciousness but from the same Christian beliefs that make him set up HIV/AIDS charities, and anti-drug/martial arts programs for at-risk kids, as well as being a campaigner for veterans.
His is a life of contradictions as much as anyone's.

Besides, you may be deluding yourself if you think that once he dies* he won't be appropriated by sections of the LGBT community as an icon - that mustache! The films!  The cartoons!  The comic books!

* Or more accurately, "when he finally decides it's time to go and kill Satan."