Main Menu

Lawless 2022

Started by rogue69, 12 October, 2021, 07:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Well, that was great. On the train home (lettering an episode of Hope for the prog, as it happens) after a top weekend. Managed to sign a bunch of stuff for quite a few folks on the Sunday, but apologies to anyone who missed me on the Saturday — when John Wagner nicks your table, you don't argue. :-)

If we do this again next year and you want something signing, or just to say hello, collar me wherever you see me. Don't worry if it looks like I'm talking to someone, the other person will probably be glad of the opportunity to make a getaway.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 May, 2022, 10:06:12 AM
Well, that was great. On the train home (lettering an episode of Hope for the prog, as it happens) after a top weekend. Managed to sign a bunch of stuff for quite a few folks on the Sunday, but apologies to anyone who missed me on the Saturday — when John Wagner nicks your table, you don't argue. :-)

If we do this again next year and you want something signing, or just to say hello, collar me wherever you see me. Don't worry if it looks like I'm talking to someone, the other person will probably be glad of the opportunity to make a getaway.

It was great to meet the legend that is Jim Campbell and thanks for signing my RoK books. 👍🏻
It was my 2nd Lawless and really enjoyable once again- I was more relaxed this time as getting use to seeing all the comic talent from tooth and everyone is so friendly punters and Guests.

Sue and her team do a fantastic job organising.

🤞🏻 It happens next year and my diary is empty so I can get a hat-rick. 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Here's that Lew Stringer Mean Machine.
I really think Lew should be doing something like this in Regened.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 31 May, 2022, 01:39:31 PM
Here's that Lew Stringer Mean Machine.
I really think Lew should be doing something like this in Regened.

I love that Barrington - I'll hopefully get round to posting my Judge Dan later tonight.
And agreed that Lew could do something in Regened.

Richmond Clements

Super effing annoyed to have missed this. Hotel and flights were paid for. I got up in time and got to the bus station, but the bus, that is meant to come every 20 minutes didn't arrive for the hour and a half I waited.
Made worse by me asking a driver where the bus was and him telling me it had just been a few minutes ago, despite me having been standing waiting for about 20 minutes. Bus company twitter is also super unhelpful - still no explanation as the why the service was not on.

Anyway - Bah! Hopefully see you all there next year!

Dandontdare

Aye that was a damn shame. Bloody shitty transport! I wasn't the only one looking forward to catching up with you again.

Another good weekend though - Props to Su and the team for organising. Despite all the top talent in attendance - Wagner, Bolland, Fabry et al - I think I was most excited to meet Conrad off Spacespinner!

Trooper McFad

Eventually uploaded some of my Favourite Sketches I got done at Lawless.

1st up is a comparison of 2 John Higgins sketches. The Dredd one I got in 2019 and the Judge Glover I got this year - by all accounts this was only the 2nd time it has been requested. Watching him add in the details was amazing.

2nd one is Judge Desperate Dan by Lew Stringer- like I said perviously it would be great to see him do a wee strip in Regened

3rd is a mashup from Dan Cornwell of Rok (of the reds) morphing from impersonating Dredd - for those that have read the Rok books I love the idea of a mini Dredd running about trying to get back to his rightful size.

Lastly is one of my Fav ABC warriors from Clint Langley - Mongrol - I wish I had seen him at work but I left my Sketch book with him while I was at a couple of panels.

All the sketches, including the others from Ian Richardson, Steven Austin, Lee Carter and Mike Dorey I got done are great and when you these guys work it is amazing to us mere mortals how they bring these to the pages so quickly.

rpwillis

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 01 June, 2022, 08:30:53 PM
1st up is a comparison of 2 John Higgins sketches. The Dredd one I got in 2019 and the Judge Glover I got this year - by all accounts this was only the 2nd time it has been requested. Watching him add in the details was amazing.

And I have the 1st Judge Glover, must have been a bit before you on Sunday! John said it was the first request for Glover he had had.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: rpwillis on 02 June, 2022, 03:46:21 PM

And I have the 1st Judge Glover, must have been a bit before you on Sunday! John said it was the first request for Glover he had had.

Superb and hopefully he gets many more requests as (🤞🏻) Dreadnoughts get more runs.

rpwillis

Yes, hoping for more Dreadnoughts too.

Barrington Boots

Lovely stuff McFad, thanks for posting! That Rok Dredd has a small touch of the Judda about him.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Lastly is one of my Fav ABC warriors from Clint Langley - Mongrol - I wish I had seen him at work but I left my Sketch book with him while I was at a couple of panels.

The effort Clint puts into convention sketches is unreal.
Top Art Droid and top bloke.

The others are great too, in particular those two by unwavering hand of the Higgins Droid.

Richard S.

Some of the original art, prints, signatures & more that I got at Lawless

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2022/06/lawless-2022-images-1.html
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Richard S.

These are more of my images of some of the original art on display at 'Lawless'

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2022/07/lawless-2022-images-2.html
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at

Richard S.

My final selection of photos of the original art on display Lawless '22 - some great art here

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2022/07/lawless-2022-images-3.html