Main Menu

It's 'give-advice-to-a-desperate-artist-week'!

Started by Si Logan, 02 September, 2005, 02:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Si Logan

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

A massive help (also a big thanks to those who e-mailed me, I shall be responding to you individually as soon as I have got the baby under control this evening!).

I shall definately look into the the writer and artist yearbook (...I'm assuming this is relatively easy to get hold of??).

The small press stuff will keep coming...with something I'm almost happy with (you can only re-draw things so many times before you have to call it a day I guess....) appearing in the next Futurequake.

Matt, thanks for your comments - when I am a bit more clued up I may just take you up on your offer and e-mail you with some more directed questions (you may live to regret your offer of help!!).

Thanks all - lots to think about.

Simon.

Quirkafleeg

>I shall definately look into the the writer and artist yearbook (...I'm assuming this is relatively easy to get hold of??).

Have you heard of these things called bookshops...? well it's in just about everyone I've ever been in (including Smiths)

Si Logan

Bookshops, bookshops....hmmm, they do ring a bell.

I joined the 21st Century instead and helped put my local bookshop out of business - ordered it on Amazon last night!

Carlsborg Expert

Heres another book for those unsure of the information they are passing on to younger members of the family.

Link: http://store.emetaphor.com/product_info.php/products_id/69" target="_blank">I thought this before I read it.

Si Logan

................I think I'll hold off on that one - at least until I've read the Yearbook!

Dudley

A page of your art is currently selling for ?62 on eBay - still sure you need advice?

Byron Virgo

He certainly does if he's not getting that cash.

Si Logan

Woah.

I didn't think it would get that much interest (especially after the problems with the auction last time) and would have been happy with a sale price of ?20+!

Now, I follow this note up with a photograph of my child with the page covered in lots of coloured paint!!

The good news is I just found EVERYTHING I have ever drawn - anyone got any money???

I'm not going to let this go to my head though as I suspect it was the actual script and subject matter that has made this so popular.

Yours very pleased anyway
Simon.