Main Menu

Confessions of Department Q. (UD)

Started by jamille, 02 May, 2006, 05:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamille

Hello
Time for an explanation i think.  Bringing Department Q into the game was our way off weaving 2000ad lore into the Urban Dead game, we are big 2000fans, especially of Cabalistics and Necronauts, it seems sensible to us that you have one group who awoke the dead and one who investigate the paranormal (very simplified descriptions of each story but it suits our purpose).
Here?s where we dispel a few myths and confess to some more.  First of all, yes we killed Harryexton, not because we are out and out PKers, but because he stumbled on our home base, nothing more.  If he?d have paid attention he would have realized as such and hopefully moved on (after all there were 6 members of DeptQ in the building and DQ graffitied on the wall).  As for attacking Silent Guido, again if he?d have checked, he was attacked by a level 1 scout for 1 pt of damage, hardly worth worrying about (death by scouting)!  If you think our group is pure PKers, so be it, not our problem but as we've only killed 1 player, i'm not losing sleep over it (or bounty hunters).
Next, I don?t know where you get your information from but it is funny reading allies, DQ members etc, It?ll be easier if I respond to dogdeever and his eloquent post:

?DQ had foisted themself off onto someones list as an ally (perhaps this was an attampt to make us think they were bigger than they actually are). Anyway they got a ticking off for it and have been removed from the allies list of a rather large survivor group known as The Abandoned?.  

We might have said in the past that we contacted The Abandoned, although I can?t remember when, but as allies ?foisting? ourselves off?  Never happened, sorry.  This, as most of our ideas, were meant to cause a little confusion.  As for getting a ticking off, we?re still waiting for it, if Dog Deever can let us know when this is going to happen we?ll be very grateful.

?Any information on these idiots would be great, as they
are a pain in the ass. The names are all known members or allies:

lovethezombie, goldbuddha, necro necro necro, gondo gondo, Zumm Zero,
Brando One, Shiv Jones, Zoop 5, Rexus Munday,What's Happened, deoxyribose?

?Idiots?, a little harsh but we can take a little handbag swinging, as for the membership, you can cut that in half (although I won?t tell you which ones).  I will tell you that lovethezombie has no connection with us what so ever, I don?t know where you got that from, but the poor guy will be baffled if he?s part of a revenge killing by Necronauts members.

?They have also been harrassing another group Sector 301?

eehhmm, we have had no contact beyond what we?ve posted on the site.  Another attempt at weaving in 2000ad lore to the game, with another group (and seeing as they are not worried about our actions, i think they have taken it with a little more humour than a lot of you).
Last couple of confessions, it was us who came up with the idea for Z-day, remember that? started off as a way for you guys to go and attack zombie?s and hopefully do yourselves some damage, but spiraled a bit with other groups, so thanks to all of you who took part on our behalf.
And the pub crawl!  We started this one as a way of getting you all together in one place so we can pick you off along the way, good idea?  You?ve taken it to heart as a mission plan so I would say so.  In fact I will be there, and you are welcome to join me, I will call a truce from here on and we can celebrate the world cup together (Start: June 10th, 2006, Rodges Stadium, Chancelwood).  
Not much else to say really apart from the thank you?s to end any big speech.  A big thank you to Andy (who does in fact work with Steve), for being our unwitting man on the inside of the Necronauts, couldn?t have done it without you buddy.  Thanks to loveTheZombie/James/Dudley for being a DQ honorary member, keep up the good work whoever you are.  And thanks to all of you who have taken part in the game and taken it way to seriously (funt and dog deever especially). It?s all come to an end for now (or has it?).  We are just about to embark on our holiday before the serious buisness of the world cup starts, we are going on an open top sight seeing tour, starting with Caiger Mall.
Spread the word.
J

Bad Andy

The Rowdy Yates Block massive is coming to meet out justice to Department Q. We'll have no muties in this town.

Seriously though, well done guys. It brought a level of paranoia to the game which I'm sure most serious role players would die for.

I'm going now because I need to get some work done. And so does slaphead.

Satanist

Aw its over just when I was getting into it. There's nothing like a bit of paranoia to get the ole (zombie) juices flowin.

Oh and I killed two zombies on Z day so cheers for that.

See ya around.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Dudley

So, you've still got access to the Necronauts wiki, then?  (That being the only place where I've put all my identities side-by-side).

jamille

By us going on holiday i meant we are actually going to caiger mall next week!!  it's malton's answer to the eiffel tower, or the empire state building!  Then we are going to the kick off site for the pub crawl (the stadium i believe), any grievances with DQ can be settled on the football pitch, would be nice to have as many necronauts along for the ride as possible.  Just because we admitted to a lot of stuff, doesn't mean we have given up our spies or sources.  where would the fun be in that????
We have a ton of other great ideas up our sleeves, but have decided for the time being you guys should be left alone and we should go and see the sites.
J
p.s.  and Mr.Flames, we'll be seeing you very soon, haha.

GordonR

I'm sure all this name-calling between the Zombie Game Street Teams must be fascinating to those involved...

Bico

Indeed.  I can't be the only one who finds it a monumentally dull waste of time, surely?  I actually went and did some work, rather than go back and play the damn thing, so if anyone comes across a zombified chap called Doctor Fuchs, be a dear and put the poor chap out of my misery.

Dog Deever

Sorry Gordon, i'm trying to keep it on the games thread. But i think this is just a general apology posted to catch the attention of a few hacked off folks! PEEPS, WE NEED TO TAKE THIS TO THE NECS GROUP PAGES!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Matt Timson

I've been really enjoying playing UD pretty much on my own for the last week or so (with various different players).

I must admit, I hadn't realized there were so many sad knackers playing it so seriously though.  Spies?  Z-day?  Pub crawls?  Groups getting other groups to do their 'dirty work' for them via some elaborate cunning ploy?

All of a sudden I feel like a right fucking geek...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/johnnyeyebrows/FirefoxScreenSnapz001.jpg">
Pffft...

scutfink

Oh my god, look at all that stuff you've got, life as a non zombie looks so much easier, maybe it's time for Herbert West: Weekend Warrior to make his debut...

BMB

How come you've got such a nice map? Is it an extra download or something? My map is as basic as the original sim-city, that looks much nicer!

Matt Timson

Pffft...

Art

I'm losing my will to play Urban Dead... Suddenly jumping out of a window instead seems preferable.

Wils

Aieee! The sad-knacker-takingitfartooseriously meter is going haywire!

Making me very glad that Minty Nuggets got munched now.