Main Menu

Star Trek (2009) full trailer

Started by Goaty, 15 November, 2008, 01:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

"All respect to the creators but..."

Hey, I wonder if TPTB (or Wake) could add that phrase as the default opener to every post we make.  Overnight we'd become the politest bunch of passive-aggressive whiners on the Intertubes!

Tiplodocus

I think it originated from Proudhuff.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

marklowel

Star Trek is a adventurous movie because many seens are exciting..

the shutdown man

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

TordelBack

Apart from the inexplicable order-switching of Bones for Uhura in the line-up shot at the host site, I am really, really liking that railer.  I will be seeing this one.  The casting of Quinto as Spock might be predictable, but it's Urban as McCoy that seems like inspired casting to me.

Bouwel

I agree and will be making the Trek to see it (see what I did there?).

But, oh boy, you want to hear the hard-core Trekkers complaining about this film! For a fun half hour have a look at some of the notice boards/websites.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Goaty

Mardroid

For some reason the sound seems to be down on the apple site for those trailers. Shame, nice quality and all. http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Devons Daddy

I HAVE BEEN TO THE SPECAIL CAVE OF DREAMS
(went to the cineplex)
I HAVE BEARN WITNESS TO THE FUTURE
(saw the trailer before the main movie)
I HAVE HEARD HIM SPEAK HIS TRUE NAME
(james tiberous kirk,its wonderful in digital surround sound)
THE BELLS TOLL FILLED ME WITH FEAR
(the red alert alarm,  which i use for the wifes ring tone! is the orignal one perfect)
THE WAIT IS OVER
(i shall be purchasing first screening tickets for this baby targ and no mistake)

roll on may, this is going be great.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Goaty

TordelBack

Hmm, between all the trailers so far it looks like they've correctly (IMHO) identified McCoy/Urban as a strength, and Scotty/Pegg as a weakness (in that he appears exactly once).  McCoy is one of the Big Three, so it may just be a bias deriving from that, but Scotty has a good deal of non-Trekkie 'brand recognition' that I suspect McCoy lacks. Interesting to see how it all plays out.

the shutdown man

Quote from: "TordelBack"Hmm, between all the trailers so far it looks like they've correctly (IMHO) identified McCoy/Urban as a strength, and Scotty/Pegg as a weakness (in that he appears exactly once).  McCoy is one of the Big Three, so it may just be a bias deriving from that, but Scotty has a good deal of non-Trekkie 'brand recognition' that I suspect McCoy lacks. Interesting to see how it all plays out.

I'm kinda worried that in Scotty's one appearance so far he's basically being Simon Pegg with a Scottish accent.  I love Pegg and all, but if he's just in this film for comic relief it'll be a big distraction. Much like how he was in Mission Impossible 3, which is what makes me worry that's how Abrams enjoys using him. I'm quite surprised by Urban in the trailers so far. He's not the best actor in the world, but he's decent, and he seems to be taking the "grumpy bastard" side of McCoy seriously, which is good.

the shutdown man

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movienews/five-new-international-star-trek-posters

There's a bunch of new posters up here. They're pretty cool, but  McCoy's place in the Big Three does indeed seem to have been taken by Uhura.

the shutdown man

A load of reviews have been popping up today on aintitcool, Empire, etc, and pretty much every one says this is great. All the better....

TordelBack

I'm now officially looking forward to this one as my first cinema outing of '09.  How many times can a man's heart be dashed asunder by uncaring Hollywood/Marin County execs before he loses hope?  Find out right here in a few short weeks!