Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Living on a campsite can be so cool. This evening, I was invited to join a family staying here for just a few nights for a drink, some barbecue, and a natter around a campfire. There's nothing quite like it, to sit under the stars sharing stories and laughter with complete strangers. I drokking love human beings, me, and spending time with them is just wonderful. Every time this happens, which is rare enough to be always special and often enough to be always comfortable, my faith in humanity is strengthened.

Life is so drokking fantastic, it truly is. I'm glad I have one and I hope you are too.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

I just found that sharks have the best immune system of all species, never prone to disease and whose shape basically remained the same since ancient times. I see now why sharks are legendary creatures.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

paddykafka

Hey, good for you, Sharky! Glad to hear Fortuna is on the Upturn for you.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Proudhuff

Nice one Sharkie! Glad things have turned a corner for you :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Cheers, PH - and thanks for the latest you-know-what! ;)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 August, 2021, 12:32:35 AM

Living on a campsite can be so cool. This evening, I was invited to join a family staying here for just a few nights for a drink, some barbecue, and a natter around a campfire. There's nothing quite like it, to sit under the stars sharing stories and laughter with complete strangers. I drokking love human beings, me, and spending time with them is just wonderful. Every time this happens, which is rare enough to be always special and often enough to be always comfortable, my faith in humanity is strengthened.

Life is so drokking fantastic, it truly is. I'm glad I have one and I hope you are too.

Sounds fabulous. Glad you got the opportunity.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Tips :)

Today another family gave me a scrummy bacon buttie because I was strimming in the rain (there's a song in that...). Life is good!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 August, 2021, 09:59:08 PM

Thanks, Tips :)

Today another family gave me a scrummy bacon buttie because I was strimming in the rain (there's a song in that...). Life is good!

Awesome, lad. Ah...if only I could as optimistic as you.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Barrington Boots

Last weekend my Dad came up for a visit - second time I'd seen him in two years. We went to a football match together like we used to when I was a kid, I took him out for dinner, we hung out and had a cool time.
An hour after he left on Sunday I got pinged by the Covid app for contact on Friday, either from the office or from the train getting there. I've got no symptoms, but I know people who have had it and been asymptomatic. My Dad's not young and the thought that I could have picked something up and passed it onto him was sickening.
This morning, test results say I'm clear and I feel like everything is suddenly brighter.
Let's hear it for NOT having Covid!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

rogue69

Is thisthe greatest news story in years The Malawi gocenment are trying to ban Farting in public!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12363852

paddykafka

Ireland have just beaten the All-Black's in the rugby!

A superb performance and a superb result: Ireland 29 - New Zealand 20.

Makes me proud to be an Emerald Islander.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

The Irish Women's soccer team have just beaten Scotland and qualified for the World Cup next year!

A wonderful achievement. So proud of, and delighted for them.

Come On You Girls In Green!  :) :) :)

Dandontdare

Our bosses just announced an unexpected £1,000 bonus in our October pay packets to help with the heating and cost of living crisis.