Main Menu

BARNEY updated! Props to The Cosh

Started by Wake, 30 March, 2011, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corinthian

This is possibly not the right place to point this out, but... The title of the Future Shock in Prog 1872 is 'The Modular War' not 'Connection Lost' (which is text appearing on a screen shown in the first panel).

Frank

Pat Mills & Clint Langley's Earthside 8/Alternity reject, Dinosty, isn't on Barney's list of 2000ad creator-owned strips.

Mills drops that bomb here (1h 18m 50s), but, frustratingly, doesn't explain how that happened.

It's interesting to note how many creator-owned strips Tharg has published over the years, even if the news some of them were creator-owned came as a surprise. *

* Terrameks is missing from that list, too.

sheridan

American Reaper is also missing from that list...

Frank

We need to rename this thread to GIVE COSH A HARD TIME.

I, Cosh

Dinosty is listed under the separate heading "Pat Mills Creations" and unfortunately the categorisation is 1:1 rather than 1:n.

American Reaper is definitely missing though.
We never really die.

sheridan

Quote from: I, Cosh on 22 May, 2019, 12:34:18 PM
Dinosty is listed under the separate heading "Pat Mills Creations" and unfortunately the categorisation is 1:1 rather than 1:n.

Sorry to hear about your relationship difficulties *

* see what I did there? ;)

Bolt-01

Shouldn't Scarlet Traces be moved out of creator owned now?

Big_Dave

Quote from: sintec on 22 June, 2020, 09:58:18 AM
Quote from: broodblik on 22 June, 2020, 09:43:44 AM
Ian Edginton did not write Thislebone it was TC Eglington

You are correct - and there is an error on Barney (and insufficient coffee in my system):

Is there a good way to report such things to those with admin rights?

Alec Worley

Hey guys!
Realm of the Damned isn't creator-owned, sadly. It was custom work-for-hire for the publisher. Rebellion licensed the reprint from them.
Barney's awesome! Keep up the great work!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Alec Worley on 23 June, 2020, 11:57:21 AM
Hey guys!
Realm of the Damned isn't creator-owned, sadly. It was custom work-for-hire for the publisher. Rebellion licensed the reprint from them.
Barney's awesome! Keep up the great work!
Cheers. Will try to get this updated shortly.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

'The Fall of Deadworld' is annoyingly hard to find on Barney, as it's incorrectly listed as 'Tainted' (which was just the name of the first story) and that first story is instead listed as 'The Fall of Deadworld.'
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

The naming conventions on the entire Deadworld saga have been tricky to track. Superbly creative, but difficult to track. Whilst I don't want to push the Dark Judges into my A-Z just yet (work in progress), I do have some info for you:

Dreams of Deadworld   
Fire   1946
Mortis   1947
Fear   1948
Death   1949

The Fall of Deadworld   
Tainted   1973-1981
Winter Break   2011
Cursed   2023-2033
Home   2050
Ava   2061
Damned   2081-2092
Running Scared   2111
Doomed   2150-2161
Sidney   2162

Visions of Deadworld   
Last Man Standing   2210
The Good Samaritan   2211
A Girl's Gotta Eat   2212
You Give Me Fever   2225
The Man Who Killed Mortis   2226
Leigh   2227

---

On a side note, Judge Fear: Memories Are Made of This (prog 2073) serves as a sort of thematic bridge between the off-world Dark Justice saga and the Deadworld saga.

Dark Justice   p2015, 1912-1921
Dominion    M386-M391
The Torture Garden   M400-M409
Deliverance   M424-M430

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 April, 2021, 09:43:56 PM
The naming conventions on the entire Deadworld saga have been tricky to track. Superbly creative, but difficult to track.
Cheers for this. I have most of these already up or waiting for latest covers to get uploaded but I'll double check I've got everything.

You've already identified the main problem with finding them on Barney though. The first Fall of Deadworld story ran with the strip and story names in reversed order to later ones. As a result of this, they're all currently listed under Tainted.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Ha. Now I see you were actually replying to Dark Jimbo's post saying exactly what I just explained.
We never really die.

Max Headroom