Main Menu

GQ: How 2000ad Predicted The Future

Started by Frank, 27 April, 2014, 08:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JohnW

I'm writing this on my Search/Destroy Agency warrant meter (or at least something that looks just like).
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

That shot of 'Friends drinking shots at a bar' is one of the reasons I don't go to pubs anymore.
Look at them. Christ.
And synthi-alcohol that does away with hangovers? I disapprove. I disapprove most strongly.
My one consolation when I'm woken in the small hours by homebound revellers is that they'll feel like death in the morning.
Besides, if I had to deal with hangovers in my day, then everyone should have to deal with hangovers.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

sheridan

GoGilesGo

Re-read The Small House this morning.

Then a few hours later, while scrolling through military OSINT accounts on Twitter, this popped up; Dutch Marines showcasing their latest tech.

Wondering if they can also walk through walls

JohnW

JayzusB.Christ

My grud, it looks like a fecking nightmare.  I'm two and a half kilometres from the nearest shop where I live but I'll take inconvenience and sanity every time.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"