Main Menu

40th Anniversary Prog

Started by Tjm86, 25 November, 2016, 08:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

CBR has posted this article about the 40th anniversary prog.  Great to see SeƱor Ezquerra given the honours for such an important event.  Up to his usual standard as well.

Being a little nitpicky but the article credits Starlord as a 'spinoff' which is not really 100% accurate.  More of a 'failed competitor' really.

Jim_Campbell

Never mind all that...! New Nikolai Dante by Morrison & Fraser!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

There is nothing that is not awesome in that.

The cover.  :D
The line up.  :D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 25 November, 2016, 08:44:17 PM
Never mind all that...! New Nikolai Dante by Morrison & Fraser!

Well I can see certain corners of the 2000ad internet fandom smugly saying 'I told you so' with their normal 'guile'. I'm a bit excited by this and I'm intrigued to see where they go with it. Hope they don't tamper with the ending, but we'll see.

M.I.K.

Never mind Nikolai Dante! I've been waiting flippin' ages to find out if both halves of Zombo are alright!

(What's the bet this'll be a one-off, out of continuity story, and I still won't find out?)

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck just seen more Zombo too. WAYHEY!!!!

dweezil2

More Jock, Dave Gibbons and Bryan Talbot too!

Yum, yum!!!! :)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Taryn Tailz

I'm delighted at a new Dante strip, but I'm also thrilled that the Durham Red strip is being written/co-written by a woman. :) Does Lauren Beukes have any previous credits? I don't recognise her name.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Taryn Tailz on 26 November, 2016, 02:17:28 AM
I'm delighted at a new Dante strip, but I'm also thrilled that the Durham Red strip is being written/co-written by a woman. :) Does Lauren Beukes have any previous credits? I don't recognise her name.

Beukes is a writer with a good few novels and short stories under her belt, but I don't think she's written any comics. If memory serves, she did provide the intro for the recent Rebellion Halo Jones collection though, and she was on an episode of the Thrillcast so I assume that those appearances perhaps helped with setting up writing for Durham Red.

CalHab

She's got a Vertigo series out at the moment, Survivors Club, and also appears in the Future Shock documentary.

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: CalHab on 26 November, 2016, 08:29:01 AM
She's got a Vertigo series out at the moment, Survivors Club, and also appears in the Future Shock documentary.

Ah, cool - I've not been keeping up with US comics so I didn't realise she had a series on the go. Will be interested to see what this Durham Red is like.

TordelBack

If it's anything like her Japanese Rapunzel story in Fairest it'll be... interesting, if nothing else. Never thought I'd be saying this, but I really like it when Tharg puts new writers on these 'stalled' characters - Beeby's Anderson was a real highlight of this year's Prog for me. Durham Red could certainly use a fresher take than the Young Durham stuff from a while back.

Taryn Tailz

Well I've seen the Future Shock documentary, so I'm obviously more familiar with her than I thought.

Thanks guys. :)

Leigh S

Excited to see a new take on Durham Red, a character who hasnt had the best of it even from her first appearance for my money  - a female (co)writer might be just the thing she needs and if Lauren Beukes is the person I think she is from the podcasts, she seemed to have a very good handle on 2000AD, so bring it on

Hawkmumbler

Saw the announcement yesterday and my eyes nearly ruptured at the news of new Nikolai Dante. Even if it's just a one-off, it'll have a hard time NOT being the best thing I read next year.

In any other occation the news of new Zombo would be the highlight for me, but gosh darn it, Zombo is a top 10 thrill where as Dante is a top 3!