Main Menu

40th Anniversary Prog

Started by Tjm86, 25 November, 2016, 08:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

I think it is heartening that we have Zombo, Dante and a new writing team on an older strip to balance the "classics" there - hopefull a new new series to fill in for the one offs in that line up afterwards

Spikes

Nikolai, with Johnny and Halo. Maybe this work-in-progress piece will be the cover??

Image courtesy of Simon Fraser's twitter page.

IndigoPrime

I'm assuming Dante will be a flashback. I kind of hope so.

Mute77

Is Slaine the beginning of a new arc or a one off? Can't get enough of Simon Davis art.

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 26 November, 2016, 04:33:43 PM
Nikolai, with Johnny and Halo. Maybe this work-in-progress piece will be the cover??

No, the Dredd / Alpha / Tharg piece by Carlos (shown in the CBR article) is the cover...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 November, 2016, 04:35:41 PM
I'm assuming Dante will be a flashback. I kind of hope so.

Yeah I really hope so too.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 26 November, 2016, 06:00:01 PM
Quote from: Spikes on 26 November, 2016, 04:33:43 PM

No, the Dredd / Alpha / Tharg piece by Carlos (shown in the CBR article) is the cover...

Yes, I saw that.
But was thinking maybe the 40th anniversary prog will comes in multiple covers.

Thinking about it; Most likely the work in progress piece is one of the interior pages, and simply features a fun cameo from Mr Alpha, and Ms Jones.

Trent

I thought the 40th anniversary prog was a one-off in addition to the regular prog so perhaps it will test the water for a proper return of some characters in due course.

Rately

Very exciting.

Most excited for a Wagner / Doherty Dredd, though. Any idea of the plot?

Oh, and Zombo was one of the first graphic novels I purchased after I got back into reading comics, so i'll be looking forward to seeing what Ewing and the brilliant Henry Flint have cooked up.

Is it worth it to get caught up on Nikolai Dante? Maybe as good a reason to start getting caught up and purchase the collections?

Eamonn Clarke

Here's hoping that Peter is fully recovered for the release of the 40th and for the party. Im sure the forum wants to send him all our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Rately

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 27 November, 2016, 12:26:48 PM
Here's hoping that Peter is fully recovered for the release of the 40th and for the party. Im sure the forum wants to send him all our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Had no idea Peter was unwell.

Thoughts and prayers to him for a speedy recovery.

Spikes

Was pleased to be able to meet him at the two last Thought Bubbles, so wishing Peter a swift and complete recovery.

Eamonn Clarke

His mother has posted on facebook that he is unconcious in intensive care in Sheffield after an operation for a torn aorta. His daughter Hope Doherty is collecting messages from fans on facebook and taking them to her father.

Tjm86

Words fail.  This is ....

I'm just going to echo Rately.  Thoughts and prayers with him and his family at this time.

Dillon with a ruptured appendix of all things and now this.

Hawkmumbler

Aye, saw John Smith's statement on Pete's health the other day. Sent my wishes for good health, having met Mr. Doherty at the last two Thought Bubbles, even owning a wonderful watercolor Dredd head from him, he's an utterly wonderful chap!