Main Menu

40th Anniversary Prog

Started by Tjm86, 25 November, 2016, 08:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trent

All good wishes to Pete Doherty.
Loved watching him develop from Young Death and Justice 1 - both stories elevated by his art, to a truly world class artist (the early episodes of Judgment Day were stunning drawing me into the story despite its shortcomings).
Looking forward to the next Mega Collection - hoping for both Roadkill and Old Wounds.
Not surprised in the least that people speak so well of him, somehow that warmth seems to permeate his work.

IndigoPrime

2016 really needs a kicking. Here's hoping Peter Doherty fully recovers.

CrazyFoxMachine

:o

Fuck. Hope he's conscious soon and recovers quickly - only just saw him at Thought Bubble :O He's an incredible talent and kind and supportive as anything.  :'(

Steve Green

Hoping for a swift and full recovery for Peter, as well as a great artist he was a wonderful host of the panel at NICE this year, and a pleasure to listen to.

TordelBack

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 27 November, 2016, 01:19:46 PM
His mother has posted on facebook that he is unconcious in intensive care in Sheffield after an operation for a torn aorta. His daughter Hope Doherty is collecting messages from fans on facebook and taking them to her father.

Aw how awful, poor Peter! Not only a great and unique storyteller who emerged at a time when such were in short supply, but a masterful colourist too.  Every best wish and all my hopes for a full and rapid recovery.

Colin YNWA

James Stacey

Crap! all the best Peter.

As far as that Dante teaser, did he ever wear a sword when he had his blades ? If not it would have to be pre crest or post crest.

I, Cosh

Quote from: James Stacey on 28 November, 2016, 09:20:34 AM
As far as that Dante teaser, did he ever wear a sword when he had his blades ? If not it would have to be pre crest or post crest.
No dress uniform is complete without a sword even if it's not going to be used!

And here he is on the cover of the first collection:
We never really die.

I, Cosh

and my best wishes for Mr Doherty's speedy recovery.
We never really die.

CalHab

Hope Mr Doherty recovers soon.

Funnily enough I was re-reading Young Death again the other day and thinking about what a great job he did with that story. He's one of the finest artists to have worked on the prog, in my opinion.

paddykafka

I can only echo what other posters have said. Best wishes to Pete and here's hoping he'll be better soon.

SuperSurfer

Thoughts are with Peter Doherty. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

sheridan

SpongeJosh

The Monarch

Dante had a sword before he got the bio blades. And had one in times of ceremony until the death of crest when he went back to using a sword