Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 December, 2020, 04:00:05 PM
Quote from: credo on 04 December, 2020, 03:34:46 PMFor those ordering from Hachette, do the books normally arrive on time?
Honestly, my experience buying direct from Hachette hasn't been stellar. Books can take some time to arrive. Forbidden Planet or an LCS has typically been a superior option.

It's almost worth waiting for the books you want to pick up appearing on eBay 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

I would avoid eBay. Mark-up is monstrous.

Tjm86

It does seem now that two types 'inhabit' ebay ...

- people running a business that find the cost of eBay is lower than alternatives;
- people looking to gouge by charging as much as they possibly can.

As an option for the average person looking to get a decent price for their old tat there is not much option out there (Gumtree is owned by eBay).

credo

Quote from: credo on 07 December, 2020, 10:07:50 AM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 December, 2020, 04:00:05 PM
Quote from: credo on 04 December, 2020, 03:34:46 PMFor those ordering from Hachette, do the books normally arrive on time?
Honestly, my experience buying direct from Hachette hasn't been stellar. Books can take some time to arrive. Forbidden Planet or an LCS has typically been a superior option.

I had a feeling that was the case. Oh well, on to the joys of sending emails to chase up late deliveries then!

Well there you go, arrived today without any issue. I had forgotten just how gorgeous the art is on Firekind. Can't wait for those other John Smith classics. I do hope he's back in the prog one day.

Tomwe

Just got through Lobster Random last night. Gosh, I'm sorry but I really had a hard time reading that. The art is amazing but I just could not get on with it. Think I'm gonna read Savage next.

IndigoPrime

I always found Spurrier's writing a bit on the nose, and I really couldn't get on with Jack Point at all; but Lob was always a strip I found interesting and fun, and the art was superb throughout.

Nellgrove

Which issue did the spine extension art version of volume 80 come with? (Assuming there are two version like with dredd)

The 75 reprint seems a bit random as to who got it when.

I ordered 81-84 from Hachette directly and didn't get either, not sure if I'm missing out.

sintec

There's only 1 version of volume 80 - I think they designed the spine art with the extension in mind this time around unlike with the Dredd one.

I got my reprint of Savage with the most recent order so 83-84. It does seem to be a bit random as to which order it ended up in though as I think some people got it with 81-82.

Nellgrove

Quote from: sintec on 10 December, 2020, 02:37:20 PM
There's only 1 version of volume 80 - I think they designed the spine art with the extension in mind this time around unlike with the Dredd one.

Thanks for confirming, seems like i only need to chase on the reprint then.
I am impressed that they managed to get the 4 books to me in 3 days and with no damage.

leethomson

Oh dear, those links are a mess. I think they've mixed up volume and issue numbers. So Brink is Issue 88, but Read Seas II will be Volume 88 on the shelf.

Qwertyburger

Yeah I noticed they were a mess when I posted them. There also a mess because just looking at the links it looks like I posted links to Red Seas Volumes One to Three, which really wasn't the case.

Jade Falcon

I've tried reading Lobster Random, maybe its my present mood, maybe not, but despite Critchlow's art I'm finding it a bit of a slog.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Max Headroom

Does anyone know if book 90, 'Greysuit', will feature the complete story? According to Barney this would be 252 pages in total. Is this too much for an Ultimate Collection book? It would seem self-defeating to include only some of the story.

IndigoPrime

That much strip would put it at the upper end of these books, but it's feasible if the strip construction doesn't create too many blank pages.