2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Ah ha - now that makes more sense.  Adding that to the existing info gives us:

4 -13 Stront
19-22 Nemesis
23-28 ABC warriors
32-44 Slaine (this could just as easily be 29-41 I guess, is 3 books enough for pre Horned God continuity?)
46 Halo Jones
52-53 Bad Company
57-58 Shakara
60-61 Kingdom
72-80 Nikolai Dante

Arkady

Ah that does make more sense.

What's the bet on Dredd being vol 1-3?

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 09 October, 2017, 10:22:04 AM
Ah that does make more sense.

What's the bet on Dredd being vol 1-3?
pretty much guaranteed, and I'd say Rogue filling in 14-18.

Quote from: sintec on 09 October, 2017, 10:15:54 AM
is 3 books enough for pre Horned God continuity?)

Rebellion's Warrior's Dawn clocks in at just over 200 according to amazon, then Time Killer at 176 and The King just over 250 so yeah, three books for that chunk it seems!

Arkady

Quote from: Tomwe on 09 October, 2017, 10:03:55 AM

I'll put my hand up as creator of the wiki page (and contributor to other Hachette pages too). It wasn't until someone mentioned it a week or so back that it occurred to me that the FB mods post may have simply meant vol 1 of Dante rather than vol 1 & issue 8 of the collection.

Since this is causing some disagreement I've removed the volume listing from the wiki and asked the FB mods if they'll clarify. Just depends what kind of mood they're in today!

You've done a sterling job.

Might want to specify Kingdom Vol 2 in the unconfirmed list, and add Shakara Vol 2 as well?

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 09 October, 2017, 11:03:46 AM
Might want to specify Kingdom Vol 2 in the unconfirmed list, and add Shakara Vol 2 as well?
Good spot, have made that change. Anyone is welcome to contribute themselves of course.

Goronwy

Hey, I'm a relative 2000AD novice whose interest has recently been piqued.

Can anyone answer me a question about volume 2 of the Ultimate Collection..?

Does it contain the entire run of Halo Jones? I'm aware there was a single volume printed a few years back (now out of print on the 2000AD website, and only available as a digital edition) which apparently contained Books 1-3 and the prologues for Books 2 & 3. I'm assuming that is all that was ever made, before Alan Moore abandoned the project, and is therefore "complete."

My initial assumption was that the Ultimate Collection vol.2 would only have contained part of Halo Jones, but comparing the spine width to my copy of The Complete Skizz which I recently bought and enjoyed (which contains all 3 runs of Skizz from the 80s/90s) I see they're more or less the same width.

Just strikes me as odd that they wouldn't write "The Complete Halo Jones" on the front, to reassure the less informed potential buyers like me.

I haven't bought the Ultimate Collection vol.2 you understand. Just saw it in the shop this weekend. But I will pop back and get it if it is indeed the whole shebang...

sintec

It contains all 3 books of Halo which is as complete as the story is ever going to be I believe

glassstanley

Though she does appear on the Moore/Gibson page of the Prog 500 celebration strip...

Goronwy

Cool, thanks sintec!

Also thanks glassstanley for the true completist's answer!  :)

People have mentioned Halo Jones to me for years, and seeing it for £6.99 in a nice hardback seemed very appealing, even if it does have a partwork spine! I think I'll pick it up this afternoon...

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goronwy on 09 October, 2017, 12:12:26 PM

Bah! The true completist would also have mentioned her flirting with Nikolai Dante in prog 1280!  ;)
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Goronwy on 09 October, 2017, 12:12:26 PMPeople have mentioned Halo Jones to me for years, and seeing it for £6.99 in a nice hardback seemed very appealing, even if it does have a partwork spine! I think I'll pick it up this afternoon...
It's a good strip, and a bargain in that format, for that price.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 October, 2017, 12:36:10 PM
Quote from: Goronwy on 09 October, 2017, 12:12:26 PM

Bah! The true completist would also have mentioned her flirting with Nikolai Dante in prog 1280!  ;)

Hopefully he checked his spigot afterwards...

marko10174

Does anyone know what the next issue is? I know Nemesis i one, what's the other? thanks.

Arkady

sintec

Just read the intro on the Kingdom wikipedia page, gonna resist the urge to spoiler it by continuing.  But how can anyone not want to read a series after reading this:

"The story revolves around a humanoid genetically modified dog named after Gene Hackman, in the distant future. Earth has been overrun by giant insects, known simply as "Them." Most of the human race has been wiped out, and the few thousand survivors are waiting in suspended animation until the world is habitable again. The world is patrolled by dog soldiers called "auxes," such as Gene, who fight them on humanity's behalf."