Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 January, 2021, 05:15:13 PM
Futurefocus is a series of six posters on the back of progs 26-31, which are available to view in Barney.

Can anyone identify the artist?

Example:

No idea, but they had clearly watched Space 1999 and Star Wars. Probably remained anonymous for legal reasons!

Funt Solo

The letterer credit "Glib" crops up quite a bit (once as Glib Glibby) in the early 90s (for example, on Trash) - does anyone know if that's a pseudonym? Or who for?

---

Also, there's a "Stella" that has a few lettering credits. Any clues on that one?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 31 January, 2021, 04:40:51 PM
The letterer credit "Glib" crops up quite a bit (once as Glib Glibby) in the early 90s (for example, on Trash) - does anyone know if that's a pseudonym? Or who for?

A quick google image search doesn't turn up anything useful for ID purposes, but Gordon 'Kid' Robson was fond of a psuedonym or two. Could it be him?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

This is a panel from Armageddon (credited to Gordon Robson):

This is a bit from Trash (credited to Glib):

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Thanks for that! Not the same, to my eyes, so no help there! Sorry!

I, Cosh

Had no idea Barney was so lacking in lettering credits.

Anyway, this looks like your guy: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gary_Gilbert
We never really die.

Funt Solo

Quote from: I, Cosh on 31 January, 2021, 06:27:13 PM
Had no idea Barney was so lacking in lettering credits.

Anyway, this looks like your guy: https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Gary_Gilbert

Thanks, Cosh.

---

I count 609 entries in my spreadsheet for letterers that are currently set to "? - Barney", which means that I looked in Barney but there was no info.

There are more than that missing from Barney because I've been in the process of populating the missing data items by checking the publications themselves.

I haven't published my data anywhere (because it's incomplete), but in theory it could be used to more fully populate Barney if someone wanted to tackle that project.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

norton canes

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 January, 2021, 05:15:13 PM
Futurefocus is a series of six posters on the back of progs 26-31, which are available to view in Barney.

Can anyone identify the artist?

I always assumed it was Kev O'Neill.

Funt Solo

Anyone know who does the lettering in Button Man, book III (progs P2001 & 1223-1233).

It's unusual in that it has no standard credit card - it just says "by John Wagner & Arthur Ranson" as part of the logo.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 February, 2021, 09:32:33 PM
Anyone know who does the lettering in Button Man, book III (progs P2001 & 1223-1233).

The sample pages here are almost certainly by the late Ellie de Ville.

TordelBack

Question for the 50% of the Board who are Scotches:

It's my Glasgow-based mate's 50th tomorrow, and obviously a drunken get-together is out of the question. I'm thinking (too late in the day) of arranging some alcoholic treats that could be shared online instead, a crate of mixed craft beers perhaps, does anyone know of a reliable way to pull this off In The Current Climate?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 March, 2021, 10:24:51 AM
Question for the 50% of the Board who are Scotches:

It's my Glasgow-based mate's 50th tomorrow, and obviously a drunken get-together is out of the question. I'm thinking (too late in the day) of arranging some alcoholic treats that could be shared online instead, a crate of mixed craft beers perhaps, does anyone know of a reliable way to pull this off In The Current Climate?

Leaving aside your casual cultural stereotyping, I'd recommend Beerhawk.

Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Nothing casual about it,  I assure you, it's the product of long-term study and analysis.

Thanks Dr X, I have Beerhawk (and Honestbrew?) on my radar - seem like a good option,  if they are reasonably reliable wet deliveries. Is there a local outfit that anyone can recommend (that does more than just Heavy and/or Bucky,  I mean)?

The Legendary Shark

I believe Tesco delivers booze - and all kinds of party stuff.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Cheers Sharky, that would indeed have been the sensible solution, but I'm notoriously shitty friend and I've left it too late to get Tesco set up in time.

Instead I have arranged for express delivery of a spread of pretentious booze, and the same for myself, so that we can hopefully do a shared tasting if the digital stars align. Such times we live in.