Main Menu

mentions of 2000AD in the outside world

Started by sheridan, 29 April, 2020, 05:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Leigh S

Have just been forced to watch "The Dirt" (DEATH TO FALSE METAL!) and in an early scene showing a young Nikki Sixx, he is wearing the classic Titan Judge Death/Judge Mortis  "You have been judged..." T-shirt!  Sadly the scene in question is set in 1978 so the entire film was runed for me without me even ahving to bring my hatred for the Crue into the equation, much to the annoyance of my wife, who did not appreciate me pointing out the anachronistic T shirt and the many and various reasons this was ALL WRONG.... it was like "Almost Famous" and Joni Mitchell's Blue / Cortez the Killer all over again.....

sheridan

Quote from: Leigh S on 05 July, 2020, 09:42:22 PM
Have just been forced to watch "The Dirt" (DEATH TO FALSE METAL!) and in an early scene showing a young Nikki Sixx, he is wearing the classic Titan Judge Death/Judge Mortis  "You have been judged..." T-shirt!  Sadly the scene in question is set in 1978 so the entire film was runed for me without me even ahving to bring my hatred for the Crue into the equation, much to the annoyance of my wife, who did not appreciate me pointing out the anachronistic T shirt and the many and various reasons this was ALL WRONG.... it was like "Almost Famous" and Joni Mitchell's Blue / Cortez the Killer all over again.....

If you're talking about anachronisms, shouldn't that be Mötley Crüe? :P

Trooper McFad

Working from home and Big Bang on in the back ground and I look up and there on cue a scene in the comic book store and on the shelf a full cover shot of Batman V Dredd - Vendetta in Gotham.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 22 July, 2020, 10:47:19 AM
Working from home and Big Bang on in the back ground and I look up and there on cue a scene in the comic book store and on the shelf a full cover shot of Batman V Dredd - Vendetta in Gotham.

Big Bang as in Big Bang Theory?

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Not that I spend all my time on whatculture (but I do sometimes put it on as background entertainment)...

10 Most Brutal Comic Book Villains.

sheridan

Midwinter Minis: Judge Dredd in Warhammer 40K

As the title of the vid may suggest, Midwinter Minis is a Warhammer painting youtube channel.  This week they've been painting a few JD minis (and something else)...

sheridan

Apparently the Superdry clothing brand was inspired (at least partially) by everybody's favourite anthology comic.

specific reference at 2:54.

Bad Andy

Brian McClair mentioned he used to read 2000ad on his Life with Brian podcast

CalHab

Quote from: Bad Andy on 30 April, 2021, 10:37:24 AM
Brian McClair mentioned he used to read 2000ad on his Life with Brian podcast

I always thought he was an intelligent player.

Dandontdare

Tharg should sue him for IP theft. A billion should do it.

And they say it's from the 1995 Judge Dredd film, when it's clearly from Dredd 2012

sheridan

Quote from: Dandontdare on 22 November, 2021, 10:04:21 PM
Tharg should sue him for IP theft. A billion should do it.

And they say it's from the 1995 Judge Dredd film, when it's clearly from Dredd 2012

"Tharg, forgive them, for they do not know what they do."

Media coverage of something you know inside out does make you wonder just how much of what they hack together is accurate the rest of the time though...