Main Menu

Fleetway Files - The next step for Hibernia Comics

Started by Colin YNWA, 27 November, 2020, 08:54:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corinthian

Quote from: maryanddavid on 15 April, 2021, 10:38:36 PM
I have another four collections agreed with Rebellion, more info on those later in the year!

Any chance of 'Cursitor Doom'?

Dash Decent

Quote from: BPP on 02 December, 2020, 08:27:50 PM
Track down the rights to the Blake 7 comic - Steve Dillon, David Lloyd, john Cooper, mick Austin and Ian Kennedy!

Not a collection of strips, but I should have mentioned the "Blake's 7 1982 Fannual" project (Here).  It's already got a strip in it (by Nigel Auchterlounie) and perhaps there will be another.  It's also going to contain an interview with Ian Kennedy regarding the strip.

A guide to every one of the Marvel strips can be found here: B7 Comic guide, including a panel of art from each strip.  There is one joke entry, "Mutoid".  As it is fictitious, there is no art to showcase.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 April, 2021, 01:09:42 PM
A guide to every one of the Marvel strips can be found here: B7 Comic guide, including a panel of art from each strip.  There is one joke entry, "Mutoid".  As it is fictitious, there is no art to showcase.

There are two hoax entries - the other is 'Liberation'. Neither of those specials had a comic strip in them.

The Corinthian

It also makes the questionable assertion that the deeply ordinary Martin Geraghty is a better artist than Ian Kennedy.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Any chance one of these upcoming projects may be BLOODFANG, from the Eagle? The second series, especially, sounds almost too right-up-our-alley to be true.

From Wikipedia:

"In the second series (30 episodes, 90 pages) time-travellers from 2150, hunting dinosaurs for meat with which to feed the people of the 22nd century, attack Bloodfang's pack. Bloodfang fights back, but is eventually captured, brought to 2150 and kept in a zoo. Escaping, he goes on a rampage, killing many humans, until he returns to his own time.

Carlos Cruz illustrated the first 22 episodes, and Vanyo the remaining eight."

Written by Mr John Wagner too.

SBT

The Corinthian

How about compilations of two or three short series from Crisis and Revolver that would be unlikely to make it into reprint on their own? A collection including Morrison and Millar stuff like The New Adventures of Hitler and Insiders could be quite commercial, though Straightgate and Rogan Gosh would also be nice.

Colin YNWA

If anything deserves to pop up from Crisis (that's not New Statesmen) I go with Sticky Fingers everything. A wonderful strip... mind not sure it fits with other Hibernia titles?

Richard

Richard

The Corinthian

Isn't Doomlord tied up in "who owns the rights" hell?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Corinthian on 22 May, 2021, 09:55:51 PM
Isn't Doomlord tied up in "who owns the rights" hell?

Yeah I think so. I read / got told recently - I assume there's an article about it on downthetubes or similar - that John Wagner and Alan Grant sent a letter to Dan Dare Corporation, who believed they owned the rights via 80s Eagle that they didn't believe they (Wagner and Grant) had transfered the rights (or something similar) and they wanted to make sure DDC didn't profit from or use their property. This wasn't disputed but alas John Wagner went on to say it was far to much hassle to actually prove ownership so that they could do something with the character.

So for the time being at least seems that one is in a bit of a pickle and ain't going anywhere.

broodblik

Doomlord would have been a super great character for the regen prog
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Richard

That just links to their Facebook page, not to anything specific, what were you trying to say?