Main Menu

Festive Thrill-Tree: GN Blurb Translated Too Many Times

Started by sheridan, 01 December, 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

All those references to '[spoiler]The Game[/spoiler]' mean this can only be [spoiler]Buttonman[/spoiler] surely.

sheridan

You almost all got the series though nobody got the exact edition (other than Bolt with first one), but who's keeping track?  Not me!

BUTTON MAN I: THE KILLING GAME

Quote from: RebellionHARRY EXTON IS A PROFESSIONAL KILLER

A former soldier, he left the military to offer his services as a mercenary in various Third World engagements, But soldiers-for-hire were a dying breed and the work was drying up. So Harry returned to England, and civvy street.

Until a friend tells him about THE KILLING GAME

Modern-day gladiatorial contests - man against man, usually to the death. A game of murder played for high stakes. The games are arranged by mysterious backers known as the 'Voices'; disembodied voices on the other end of a telephone, telling you where to go to, who to meet. A player can either become very rich or very dead, very quickly.

Harry decides to become a player. A BUTTON MAN.

For a professional killer like Harry, the rewards are plentiful ‹ but once the game begins, will he be able to walk away?

Quote from: TranslationMurder expert

Not a veteran, but fought as a soldier in three world wars. So he returned to England and took over the roads.

Even a friend told him

The modern age is fascinating: it often causes death in humans. Weapons can kill a lot of things. These games are called sounds by unknown experts. A player can get rich or die many times.

He decided to become an actor. The people

The result of such a Marco is good, but what does it mean when the game starts?

sheridan

Quote from: TranslationLadan was sixteen years old.

Following the Psychological Initiative, legend has it that the ability to find magical objects, such as spirits, spirits and angels, acto and ectoplasmic species, reduced reduced oil and strengthened the British Emperor. He was a ghost hunter at the turn of the century and was stopped after being shot and imprisoned by demons. And he was alone in the spirit, and at the age of sixteen he was released from bondage. Enemies and enemies must be victorious to provide the necessary clothing for the angels and their true companion must defeat some kind of enemy and evil!

TordelBack

[spoiler]Dandridge: Return Of The Chap.[/spoiler]  And I wish he would.

sheridan

Tordelback gets the series and collection correct with DANDRIDGE: RETURN OF THE CHAP!

Quote from: RebellionAnother London, Another 1981 . . .

Following the Victorian Spiritualist movement's ability to capture otherworldly beings such as ghosts, faeries and angels 'Ecto-technology' is developed and ectoplasm becomes a cheap fuel alternative, bolstering the British Empire. Spartacus Dandridge was a ghostfinder at the turn of the century, hunting down rogue spooks, until he was shot dead and imprisoned. Now a spook himself, it's 1981 and he's finally freed from captivity. With an Angel-tailored outfit and his loyal assistant Shelley, Dandridge must contend with all manner of spectral adversaries and dastardly goings-on!

Quote from: TranslationLadan was sixteen years old.

Following the Psychological Initiative, legend has it that the ability to find magical objects, such as spirits, spirits and angels, acto and ectoplasmic species, reduced reduced oil and strengthened the British Emperor. He was a ghost hunter at the turn of the century and was stopped after being shot and imprisoned by demons. And he was alone in the spirit, and at the age of sixteen he was released from bondage. Enemies and enemies must be victorious to provide the necessary clothing for the angels and their true companion must defeat some kind of enemy and evil!

sheridan

And for today:

Quote from: TranslationThe next battle is the restoration of London!

The British were burned in the 1930s and 1990s. When they learned that their family had been killed in the war for the first time, a bill by Sanchez turned him into a soldier - a thorn in the side of the army.

When Sanjay took his dead brother, he was now working in London, and a bomb had exploded, and the enemy could use it on his enemies. Meanwhile, businessman - the leader of the rooster booster list - attacked the volcano with Druids - the leader of the booster list, but the volcano acquired the animal-like communication equipment. half

Colin YNWA

Oh damn how did I miss yesterday. hate when I do that.

Anyway I reckon this one is [spoiler]Savage[/spoiler] and when I looked for the actual violume I was surprised to learn its probably called just [spoiler]Savage[/spoiler]!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

It is Savage, but the volume is The Guv'nor (the clue was the businessman leader of the rooster booster list - also known as Howard Quartz, owner of Ro-Busters) who used druids to attack the volcano (droids to attack Volgans).

Quote from: RebellionFUTURE WAR HITS THE SAVAGE STREETS OF LONDON!

In 1999, Britain was successfully invaded by the Volgans. When London lorry driver Bill Savage learnt that his family had been killed during the initial invasion, he became a one-man war machine – a persistent thorn in the side of the occupying army.

Having adopted the identity of his dead brother, Savage now operates out of a bombed-out London, leading the resistance against his hated enemy. Meanwhile, business brain Howard Quartz – the CEO of Ro-Busters - has launched an attack on the Volgan forces with his Mark-One War Droids, but the Volgans have some technological tricks of their own, including a functional teleportation device and a powerful beast with a taste for human flesh!

Quote from: TranslationThe next battle is the restoration of London!

The British were burned in the 1930s and 1990s. When they learned that their family had been killed in the war for the first time, a bill by Sanchez turned him into a soldier - a thorn in the side of the army.

When Sanjay took his dead brother, he was now working in London, and a bomb had exploded, and the enemy could use it on his enemies. Meanwhile, businessman - the leader of the rooster booster list - attacked the volcano with Druids - the leader of the booster list, but the volcano acquired the animal-like communication equipment. half

sheridan

I'd do a final one today - probably not that difficult though challenging working out exactly why Google Translate thought some of the words were relevant...

Quote from: TranslateThe guys at Nuclear Weaponry are good friends

Telephone room and two foreigners left far from the world.  They are designed to entertain and create chaos. Destruction in the World is the trick to their great songs, including double crossing, fighting and making a heartbreaking!

This medium-sized comedy was brought in by comedian and acclaimed artist.

It was first collected here in graphic form by incredibly exclusive agonizing side.

sheridan

p.s. and by 'final' I probably mean that I'll dig around for some more blurbs to translate and perhaps post one a week.  They'll all be from the House of Tharg™ but may not be collected editions (depending on how many I can find!)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 25 December, 2020, 02:51:22 PM
p.s. and by 'final' I probably mean that I'll dig around for some more blurbs to translate and perhaps post one a week.  They'll all be from the House of Tharg™ but may not be collected editions (depending on how many I can find!)

So happy you are going to keep these ticking over, they are such fun.

For this one, well its [spoiler]DR and Quinch[/spoiler] isn't it and I'm assuming[spoiler] 'The Complete...' [/spoiler]as that's the edition in the Web store.

Dandontdare

AlexF

I went through the same Process as DDD myself! But yes, it's surely [spoiler]DR & Quinch[/spoiler].

'medium-sized comedy' is about the harshest epithet I can imagine - nice work, Google!

sheridan

It is, of course, DR & Quinch (and I don't know what editions are out there but I imagine you'd be hard-pressed to get any collection that isn't the whole bunch, except maybe for the Jamie Delano one-pagers).

Quote from: Rebellion"THERMONUCLEAR WEAPONRY IS A GUY'S BEST FRIEND

Meet D.R. and Quinch, two alien drop-outs from a far-flung planet. They're on a mission to have fun and cause the most amount of chaos possible. Destroying the earth is but one trick in their wide repertoire, which also includes double-crossing, war-mongering, heart-breaking and making a hit Hollywood movie!

This comedy of inter-galactic proportions is brought to you by comic book supremo Alan Moore (V for Vendetta) and respected artist Alan Davis (Uncanny X-Men).

Also collected here for the first time in Graphic Novel format are all of the 'D.R. and Quinch's Incredibly Excruciating Agony Page' by Jamie Delano and Alan Davis.

Quote from: TranslationThe guys at Nuclear Weaponry are good friends

Telephone room and two foreigners left far from the world.  They are designed to entertain and create chaos. Destruction in the World is the trick to their great songs, including double crossing, fighting and making a heartbreaking!

This medium-sized comedy was brought in by comedian and acclaimed artist.

It was first collected here in graphic form by incredibly exclusive agonizing side.