Main Menu

Brian Bolland Apex Edition

Started by Tjm86, 08 March, 2021, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweezil2

Not sure what the odds are in favour of tracking down any of the "lost/nicked" art is, but put me down for a copy anyway!!! :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

BPP

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 March, 2021, 06:50:39 PM
Quote from: Woolly on 08 March, 2021, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 March, 2021, 05:42:29 PM
As for sharing art one prominant dealer has already said they won't be - which is a shame. Seeing any of the stolen art also seems very unlikely too.

This wouldn't happen to be the same guy who said Rebellion could have a new scan of Horned God art if they paid him a cool million (and then laughed), would it?

I strongly suspect so.

I know nothing of these stories but it baffles me the owner of an asset wouldn't want to increase the value of his asset by increasing public interest and demand in reproductions of such.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Swerty

I'm slightly familiar with the story but hadn't realised the Quality comics angle to it.I doubt these missing pages will turn up so the next question is will this scupper the release of this book.

judgeurko

Tomwe

Quote from: Swerty on 08 March, 2021, 10:47:58 PM
I'm slightly familiar with the story but hadn't realised the Quality comics angle to it.I doubt these missing pages will turn up so the next question is will this scupper the release of this book.
I'm sure they wouldn't have announced it if this was in any way a risk. But better to ask just on the off chance the art is still out there!

Bolt-01

As for sharing art one prominant dealer has already said they won't be - which is a shame. Seeing any of the stolen art also seems very unlikely too.

Which for the suspicious minded implies that some of these pages may not be the full ticket...

Woolly

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 March, 2021, 02:05:23 PM

Which for the suspicious minded implies that some of these pages may not be the full ticket...

Judging by what he's said on Farcebook, he definitely owns some of the pages and definitely won't be letting Rebellion rescan them.
No word that I've seen on whether the pages are signed in red or not...

CalHab

Quote from: Woolly on 09 March, 2021, 05:38:50 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 09 March, 2021, 02:05:23 PM

Judging by what he's said on Farcebook, he definitely owns some of the pages and definitely won't be letting Rebellion rescan them.
No word that I've seen on whether the pages are signed in red or not...

There's a significant group of original art dealers/collectors who are absolute arseholes. Its quite remarkable. It puts me off buying some stuff as I'd have to hold my nose when dealing with them.

Max Headroom

Now that this has been announced as available to pre-order from the 2000ad Webshop tomorrow, I have to ask: Were those missing pages of artwork ever tracked down for re-scanning?

IndigoPrime

Not all of them, no. Entertainingly, it turns out Bolland himself had some of the pages though.

Says a lot about so-called fandom if certain parties are keeping pages back to spite Rebellion.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 02 August, 2021, 07:17:47 PM
Now that this has been announced as available to pre-order from the 2000ad Webshop tomorrow, I have to ask: Were those missing pages of artwork ever tracked down for re-scanning?

Bolland drew 42 episodes of Dredd, which at a rough guesstimate of 5 pages per episode is an approximate page count of 210. The new book is only 128 pages, and includes a lot of his covers.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

The slip case special edition is available Wednesday (not tomorrow being Thursday) according to the e-mail I got earlier - just to save folks refreshing all day tomorrow. Not sure how many its limited to but suspect it will go in a flash and will be flipped onto ebay at inflated prices very quickly.

The standard edition will be available to order from 8th October. Both release Februay I think.

I'm tempted but want to see how much the special edition is - now if it was McMahon....

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 August, 2021, 07:29:27 PM
Not all of them, no. Entertainingly, it turns out Bolland himself had some of the pages though.

Says a lot about so-called fandom if certain parties are keeping pages back to spite Rebellion.

Interesting some folks have said that Rebellion hadn't contact Brian Bolland about this - I think Brian might have said as much - yet clearly they have now and the slip case has a specially commissioned page unique to it by the sound.

Max Headroom

Weighing up whether to try and get this as art editions are not generally my thing and there are a lot of books I'd like to see given this treatment i.e. improved high quality repro and at original prog size. Hopefully it will sell out and start a trend for Rebellion to release such quality tomes (if only on a strictly limited basis).

Bojay1997

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 August, 2021, 08:02:31 PM

The slip case special edition is available Wednesday (not tomorrow being Thursday) according to the e-mail I got earlier - just to save folks refreshing all day tomorrow. Not sure how many its limited to but suspect it will go in a flash and will be flipped onto ebay at inflated prices very quickly.

The standard edition will be available to order from 8th October. Both release Februay I think.

I'm tempted but want to see how much the special edition is - now if it was McMahon....

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 August, 2021, 07:29:27 PM

Interesting some folks have said that Rebellion hadn't contact Brian Bolland about this - I think Brian might have said as much - yet clearly they have now and the slip case has a specially commissioned page unique to it by the sound.

According to the link in the e-mail, it's an open preorder for the slipcase version through October, so it's not going to "sell out" until the pre-order cut-off date. 

Swerty

The exclusive image is there within the email too.Dredd in front of the Angel gang.Really want this.