Main Menu

Free Comic Book Day 2021

Started by rogue69, 17 March, 2021, 06:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Free Comic Book  Day 2021 will be on Saturday 14th August 2021 this year
This years 2000ADcomic is a Judge Dredd one under the 2000AD presents All Stars Banner (Is this a new range to lookout for?)
other titles include in the Gold titles Critical Role/The Witcher (Dark Horse Comics), Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures (IDW Publishing), Hulk/ Venom #1 (Marvel), Blade Runner (Titan Comics)Silver Titles; The Boys: Herogasm#1 (Dynamite Entertainment), Avengers/Spider-man (Marvel),Vampire: The Masquerade #1 (Mad Cave Studios, Life is Strange (Titan Comics), Stray Dogs (Image)
Interestingly there is no mention of anything coming from DC Comics this year
https://freecomicbookday.com/Article/250303?fbclid=IwAR3BnyxN8yLeEwn8lbsxDlTTd- cIpr9GtWIMxGvRN2DyYJNkdqESXTu4SLE

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Looking forward to this - always nice to have more Al Ewing Dredd and Casper Wijngaard is a great artist - I wish we'd got more Angelic!

broodblik

Here is the cover by Caspar Wijngaard:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

TordelBack

So from the contributors list can we conclude that thee other strips are Hershey Disease and Dreadnoughts? While I have opposite feelings about those two, they are solid super-stylish choices for promoting the Dreddverse.

IndigoPrime

Yes—that's confirmed in the press release linked to earlier in the thread.

TordelBack

My view is that if I actually have to read the article before I offer up my opinions on it, it shouldn't be on the internet.

:-[ )

broodblik

Dash Decent

Dredd looks like he's sitting on one of those kids rides you see outside supermarkets.  I hope he's got another two credits so he can have another turn.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Heh. I thought the same. Nice art, but teeny tiny Lawmaster.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Bolt-01

Chortle!

In all fairness, Caspar Wijngaard is not the first to make this sort of error with the Lawmaster.

sheridan

To be fair, it may be small for the (modern) lawmaster but the scale's not far off early depictions or a real motorcycle.