Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: John M Burns or Peter Doherty - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 13  (Read 513 times)

paddykafka

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Burns United (3) Doherty City (2)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
Only today to get your votes in. Another quiet one so far so pop a vote in today if you haven't and the countin' will be done in the morning...

So as ever time for me to get my vote in and this one is pretty straightforward for me to be honest. Its not that I don't love Pete Doherty's art but John M Burns is in my 10 ten 2000ad artists of all time (probably I've never actually written my top 10 but reckon he'd get in there). That said I can't ignore Pete Doherty's talents and so:

John M Burns 4 : Peter Doherty 1

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
VOTING CLOSED

So yesterday Classic Team stopped the comeback of the rampent Current Team and this morning there is probably little surprise that Current Team have hit straight back. Pete Doherty is, as many of pointed out, an underrated star. However he had the misfortune to come up against John M Burns a legend of comics and 2000ad. So there is little surprise that the gap is closed back down to one ... but can Current close that gap entirely... well join me tomorrow...

Current Team 6 : Classic Team 7

Current Team 568 : Classic Team 656

broodblik

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • watkykjy?
    • View Profile
With Team MacNeil showing The Biz only heals we might see another gain for the Current
Old age is the Lord’s way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death’s in case we didn’t take the hint.

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
With Team MacNeil showing The Biz only heals we might see another gain for the Current

As the narrator said at the start of Hong Kong Phooey - 'Could be..'

Magnetica

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile

As the narrator said at the start of Hong Kong Phooey - 'Could be..'

Here’s the thing- Burns and MacNeil are as “classic” 2000AD artists as just about anyone; they are on the “current” team as they are still doing work for Tharg, so it’s a though draw for anyone coming up against them. Especially MacNeil. It’s a bit unfair really 😉.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • testing testing...
    • View Profile
Here’s the thing- Burns and MacNeil are as “classic” 2000AD artists as just about anyone; they are on the “current” team as they are still doing work for Tharg, so it’s a though draw for anyone coming up against them. Especially MacNeil. It’s a bit unfair really 😉.

Hey as I keep telling my kids - who ever said life was fair?

Poor ol' Current Team has like 5 years to draw from. Classic Team have the 39 years before that. Current Team have to fight nostaglia - who can do that AND some poor bugger from Current Team will be (well is) drawn against Carlos...

... I figure it all balances out in the end!