Main Menu

Jump on board with 2000 AD – Prog 2250 out 22 September with SEVEN new Thrills!

Started by IndigoPrime, 01 September, 2021, 01:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Sci-fi sagas and supernatural thrillers, nannies gone bad and shocking futures – plus the return of a 2000 AD legend – 2000 AD Prog 2250 is ideal for readers new and old!

Want the perfect issue to jump on board with the groundbreaking British sci-fi action weekly comic? Then we have a super-charged blast of cosmic excitement for you!

Out on 22 September from all good newsagents and comic book stores, as well as the 2000 AD webshop and app, 2000 AD Prog 2250 is a 48-page extravaganza engineered to give the perfect opportunity for readers to pick up the 2000 AD habit with a subscription or regular order.

This issue features the start of FIVE new on-going stories and two scintillating one-offs in a pulse-pounding package of Thrill-power!

And it's crowned with a brand new cover from master artist Mick McMahon, a bold and evocative image of future hardline lawman Judge Dredd! One of 2000 AD's most iconic artists, McMahon remains one of the master on Dredd, with an ever-evolving style that has produced some of the series' greatest moments.

This issue kicks off with a brand new Judge Dreddstory, 'The Hard Way', by Rob Williams (Suicide Squad) and Arthur Wyatt (Samizdat Squad) with art by breakout artist Jake Lynch (HAVN), which sees the world's deadliest killers converge on the under-sea city of Atlantis to take out Mega-City One's head of accounting... but they hadn't counted on her having a visitor: Judge Dredd.

After her hit debut in 2000 AD's all-ages 2000 AD Regened issues, Pandora Perfect gets her own series! The Mary-Poppins-gone-bad thief and confidence trickster from Roger Langridge (The Muppets) and Brett Parson (Tank Girl) begins the multi-part story 'Mystery Moon'.

The surprise hit of 2020, The Out by Dan Abnett (Guardians of the Galaxy) and Mark Harrison (Durham Red), returns for a new series, with wandering photo-journalist Cyd Finlea still all alone and cut off as she tries to find her way through a dangerous and chaotic universe. This cerebral and emotionally weighty series delighted readers and critics alike when it debuted in June last year.

From its original premise of 'What happened after HG Wells' War of the Worlds?' to a meditation on prejudice and politics – but with huge space battles – Scarlet Traces by Ian Edginton (Hinterkind) and Matt 'D'Israeli' Brooker (Lazarus Churchyard) begins its next chapter.

Gordon Rennie (Judge Dredd) and Antonio Fuso (WYRD) begin a new series of supernatural thriller series The Diaboliks, their successful spin-off of Rennie and Dom Reardon's occult team thriller Caballistics Inc. With Ravne dispatched to London to sort out the Diaboliks' new base of operations, the demonic Jenny has final business to sort out in Rome in the Embassy of the Unholy See.

Psychic future cop Judge Cassandra Anderson returns in one-off story 'Be Psi-ing You' by Maura McHugh (Witchfinder: The Mysteries of Unland) and Lee Carter (Indigo Prime)

And fan favourite artist Chris Weston (The Filth) draws and writes his own one-off Future Shock, 'The Guardian & the Godchild'.

CalHab

Colin YNWA

Yeah great cover and pretty cool line-up. Two bonus thrills too - what's not to love!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Another thing is that I can not wait to see how Lee Carter draws Anderson. Hopefully like an "old hag" just to silent the "she looks like a 21-year-old babe" crowd.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

Although a striking cover, I still have to say that I prefer early McMahon to his later, more experimental, style. An undoubted master though.

MumboJimbo

Quote from: broodblik on 01 September, 2021, 03:07:55 PM
Another thing is that I can not wait to see how Lee Carter draws Anderson. Hopefully like an "old hag" just to silent the "she looks like a 21-year-old babe" crowd.

Yeah, because that's definitely the only two options available

Tomwe

Great cover. I like the Slaine era scratchy blacks. Almost thought it was John McCrea from the crop in the Thrillmail. Is the thing in his left hand an umbrella, a walking stick or just his daystick with some kind of zapper on the end?

Link Prime

Quote from: Tomwe on 02 September, 2021, 09:48:50 AM
Is the thing in his left hand an umbrella, a walking stick or just his daystick with some kind of zapper on the end?

It's the raison d'etre for the upcoming 24 month Devlin Waugh epic.

I'm liking a lot of that line-up - just what the Prog needs right now, as, Wagner Dredd aside, it has been coasting on fumes for months IMO.

broodblik

Jim_Campbell

Little bit of a Claudia Black vibe about that face, which is never a bad thing. (Aeryn Sun remains one of the few "bad ass" female characters in SF that I never doubted could kick any ass she damn well pleased.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

judgeurko

That image of Dredd by Mick McMahon, is it from a Judge Dredd musical? Looks like he's dancing. Quite poor pose.

broodblik

From Rob Williams twitter:

'The Hard Way' is a fun old-school Dredd thriller that sort of follows on from
@arthurwyatt
& my 'Carry The Nine' - which you can read in the 'End Of Days' GN. And
@ArtDroid_Lynch
is fab.

Link Prime

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 September, 2021, 02:46:58 PM
Little bit of a Claudia Black vibe about that face

Made it as far as the face, didja?
Real fans stopped to ogle the MK1 Lawgiver, and never lifted their heads any further.

Link Prime

Quote from: judgeurko on 03 September, 2021, 11:10:46 AM
That image of Dredd by Mick McMahon, is it from a Judge Dredd musical? Looks like he's dancing. Quite poor pose.

MK1 LAWGIVER