Main Menu

Henry Flint's new 2000AD Project

Started by Link Prime, 03 September, 2021, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Anyone have any news or scoop on King Henry's upcoming "secret project"?

Seems an age since we had him grace the Prog (was it 'End of Days' last year?), and he's always struck me as an artist who can meed a deadline.

Surely we're due to find out sooner than later.

Colin YNWA

I think this may have been posted here before, but no harm poating again. Henry put this on his Facebook feed a couple of months back now from his new project

He rather cryptically said it was for Rebellion, when asked if it was for 2000ad. So could be Megazine or something else entirly but we do know its sci-fi. Haven't seen mention of it since though?

sheridan

Was End of Days before or after Henry's work on Proteus Vex?

I, Cosh

Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2021, 01:04:04 PM
Was End of Days before or after Henry's work on Proteus Vex?
After. The second book of Proteus Vex was Jake Lynch.
We never really die.

Link Prime

Cheers Colin, hadn't seen that piece.

The 'halo' visual effect around the blanked-out character's head seems like something that I should recognize, but it's not coming to me.

Flint remains my absolute favorite artist for the last two decades - looking forward to whatever this may be.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 September, 2021, 03:44:48 PM
The 'halo' visual effect around the blanked-out character's head seems like something that I should recognize, but it's not coming to me.

It can oly be... Skip Tracer!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 03 September, 2021, 03:46:42 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 03 September, 2021, 03:44:48 PM

It can oly be... Skip Tracer!

KHANNNNNN!!!!

M.I.K.

Those are some weirdly shaped blobs. Could be a character wearing a cape and some sort of bird perched on a branch.

My guess is that Rebellion have done a deal with DC Thomson to produce a gritty reboot of Bananaman in which he uses the inherent radioactivity of bananas to light his way through a haunted orchard in search of Appleman, (or something).

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie's money is on this being for Monster Fun.

Same with Garth Ennis's upcoming Rebellion project that he hinted at in the Meg article for the Battle Special last year.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Funt Solo

It's...

The Blind Lady & The Gronk

OR

Anderson in a rad cloak & Jonathan Livingstone Dog-Vulture
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

"What can you see?"

"A pretty butterfly"

AlexF

Those concentric circles put me in mind of both Button Man and Kano. Either, or indeed both mashed together, would be a treat!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 21 September, 2021, 10:19:53 AM
Those concentric circles put me in mind of both Button Man and Kano. Either, or indeed both mashed together, would be a treat!

Buttonman vs Kano - now we are in the realm of fanboy delight!

Link Prime

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 21 September, 2021, 02:56:44 AM
Stevie's money is on this being for Monster Fun.

Kidding aside, a few pages of Flint style horror artwork in Monster Fun every couple of months would be a natural fit.

Quote from: AlexF on 21 September, 2021, 10:19:53 AM
Those concentric circles put me in mind of both Button Man and Kano.

Maybe that's what was niggling the back of my head - Kano / The Krool. But it's not it, is it?

Mindless speculation - a G.I. 'Helm' broadcasting a signal?

CalHab

If McMahon can be a favourite on Sonic the Comic, I think Flint could be a favourite on Monster Fun.