Main Menu

Mike McMahon Apex Edition - October 2022

Started by Tjm86, 12 September, 2021, 09:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Looks like the fevered speculation is coming true.  Down The Tubes is reporting the publication of the McMahon Apex Edition!

TBH I've been in two minds with the Bolland edition, not least with some of the responses in some quarters.  This one though .... especially if it carries some of his Block Mania stuff!

If this were to carry on then I would dearly love to see an Apex Edition of the Apocalypse War.  That would be a dream volume.  Something I doubt will ever see the light of day though.  :-(

Colin YNWA

Oh this is good news, good news indeed and while I passed on the Bolland one I'll start putting money aside for this one. Hope it scan his full range of styles.

Fantastic stuff.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Timothy

So what about the non-Dredd stuff (Slaine in particular)? Will that be a further book? Obviously I will be buying, but I am curious.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Timothy on 30 October, 2021, 07:14:12 AM
So what about the non-Dredd stuff (Slaine in particular)? Will that be a further book? Obviously I will be buying, but I am curious.

I wonder if it sells well do we get a second one - that's my wish!

judgeurko

Is it just going to be Dredd stuff?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: judgeurko on 30 October, 2021, 09:22:45 AM

The title suggests so - though we don't know for sure.

IndigoPrime

I hope they knock that black text back a bit. It seems really overbearing.

GordonR

The story so far:

"This book called Judge Dredd by Mike McMahon -Apex Edition, is it just his Dredd stories in it?"

Tjm86

Quote from: judgeurko on 30 October, 2021, 09:22:45 AM

No, I think they're including some of his Judge Dredd work as well.  ;-)

judgeurko

Quote from: GordonR on 30 October, 2021, 12:31:06 PM
The story so far:

"This book called Judge Dredd by Mike McMahon -Apex Edition, is it just his Dredd stories in it?"
All I can see on the official 2000AD website is -

October 2022

Mick McMahon Apex Edition.

But thank you for updating me with the story so far...

Colin YNWA

Having said all that. From David Roach over on Facebook

QuoteArtwork from an upcoming Apex Edition book I'm compiling for Rebellion devoted to Mick McMahon. Do you out there in art-collecting land have any artwork by Mick? Particularly Slaine pages? Of so please do let me know, I'd love to include it in the book..... Thank you!

Under which is an original page from Sky Carriots - do looks like it will include more than Dredd after all!

GordonR

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 31 October, 2021, 06:29:18 AM
Having said all that. From David Roach over on Facebook

QuoteArtwork from an upcoming Apex Edition book I'm compiling for Rebellion devoted to Mick McMahon. Do you out there in art-collecting land have any artwork by Mick? Particularly Slaine pages? Of so please do let me know, I'd love to include it in the book..... Thank you!

Under which is an original page from Sky Carriots - do looks like it will include more than Dredd after all!

Despite being Facebook's unparalleled expert on nudieness, Dave has somehow got his wires crossed here.

This volume is all Dredd and only Dredd.

Tjm86

Thinking of what else Sir Mick has done over the years other than Dredd.  Slaine ... ABC Warriors ... Ro-Busters, VC's ...  Would there be enough for a second volume?  More importantly, could enough of the artwork be sourced for it?  The ultra-geek in me goes "hell yes!!!!" but the KOS [Knackered Old Sod] shakes his head forlornly.