Main Menu

Hawk the slayer coming to 2000AD

Started by rogue69, 09 November, 2021, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Nerdist have a interview with Garth Ennis about his new project for 2000AD Hawk the slayer a 5 part mini series with art from Henry Flint. The story is a direct sequel to the 1980's film and continues the story where the film left off. Hawk the Slayer #1 debuts on April 13, 2022

https://nerdist.com/article/garth-ennis-2000-ad-hawk-the-slayer-interview-exclusive/

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Well while I'm going to be all over this like a sticky rash - I mean what a glorious creative team - I do have to say... and don't run me out of town here... I started to watch Hawk the Slayer the other day on noticing it was on telly. I didn't get past the first 20 minutes... probably less. It was utter tosh!

oshii

Not in the prog, but a stand alone US format series, which will be reprinted in the floppy with the Meg.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

O Lucky Stevie!

No surprises there. Ennis has been long touting his enthusiasm for writing the character.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

XRayLexx

yeah, the movie hasn't aged well, to be honest it was ropey all those years ago :)

is this actually running in the pages of 2000AD, or in a separate publication?

I am looking forward to it.

CalHab

Quote from: XRayLexx on 11 November, 2021, 09:25:33 AM
yeah, the movie hasn't aged well, to be honest it was ropey all those years ago :)

I am looking forward to it.

Quote from: oshii on 09 November, 2021, 07:50:10 PM
Not in the prog, but a stand alone US format series, which will be reprinted in the floppy with the Meg.

broodblik

Quote from: XRayLexx on 11 November, 2021, 09:25:33 AM

It will run as a separate publication and the first episode will be published as a floppy in meg 440 (Jan 2022)

JayzusB.Christ

Well feck me pink.  I did not see that coming.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

BPP

Is only the first issue in the Meg or is the whole thing going to be there?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

Quote from: BPP on 19 November, 2021, 01:50:09 PM
Is only the first issue in the Meg or is the whole thing going to be there?

Each issue will be bagged with monthly issues of Judge Dredd The Megazine from January 2022 onwards.

So yes it looks like it will make the megazine a must get next year and do not forget Lawless will be in it as well

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 19 November, 2021, 02:41:07 PM
So yes it looks like it will make the megazine a must get next year and do not forget Lawless will be in it as well

The new series is starting in the Christmas Meg, I believe.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.