Main Menu

Hawk the slayer coming to 2000AD

Started by rogue69, 09 November, 2021, 06:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Yes, and a new John Wagner/Colin MacNeil sky-surfer strip as well. [howcouldyou]Shamelessly hijacking the threat[/howcouldyou]
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Looks like thats me back on the Meg for 2022 then.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tjm86

Aye.  The last few months have been a bit of a disappointment for me.  Then again I've struggled to get on with the Returners and Devlin Waugh.  Horses for courses ...

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Mardroid

I'm not sure I've ever actually seen Hawk the Slayer, although seeing the description and images ring a bell. That means I've probably watched it part the way through.

I will try to watch the film properly before I read the comic.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Mardroid on 08 January, 2022, 02:59:49 PM
I'm not sure I've ever actually seen Hawk the Slayer, although seeing the description and images ring a bell. That means I've probably watched it part the way through.

Not really needed, there's a catchup chapter at the start.
DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Proudhuff on 24 January, 2022, 03:33:54 PM

While will save you wasting 1 1/2 hours of your life!

Proudhuff

and ages going 'oh there's that boy who was in whatsit called!'
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Young me loved Hawk the Slayer - I haven't tried a recent re-watch, but I assume the rosy spectacles would see me through fairly well.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 11 December, 2021, 09:00:38 AM
Another interview with Garth Ennis:

https://forbiddenplanet.com/posts/forbidden-planet-tv-garth-ennis-hawk-the-slayer/

Thanks for posting that - really good interview. Makes me look forward to the strip even more.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

broodblik

Mardroid

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 24 January, 2022, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 24 January, 2022, 03:33:54 PM

While will save you wasting 1 1/2 hours of your life!

Having now seen it, and read the comic, I do see what you guys mean. (Turned out I had seen much of the film before. I'd just forgotten a lot of it.) I didn't hate the film and there was good stuff in there (although it feels very derivative now, but that might be hindsight) but... well, it's not very good is it? It could have been good with a bit of work, and there is a certain charm to it but...

... I did enjoy the comic. Early days yet, but it's doing good stuff with the material.