Main Menu

Prog 2279 - Past Crimes

Started by Magnetica, 23 April, 2022, 12:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

I can only add to the approval for the Future Shock, a really strong script and the art is reminiscent of Bryan Talbot, which is high praise for newcomer.

According to their website interview Honor Vincent has already got another story due to appear in the Regened Issue, which is great news. Clearly a talent Tharg is cultivating.

https://2000ad.com/news/interview-honor-vincent-lee-milmore-the-thought-bubble-talent-search-winners-unveil-relict/

AlexF

That final Future Shock panel of the mushroom cloud made of skulls... one of the best single panels in AGES.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: norton canes on 28 April, 2022, 11:43:04 AM
Although it's not quite as good as my Thought Bubble idea. Oh well.

"... And it turns out she was in a Virtual Reality prison all along for going back in time and killing her own grandmother!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goosegash on 28 April, 2022, 05:56:27 PM
I can only add to the approval for the Future Shock, a really strong script and the art is reminiscent of Bryan Talbot, which is high praise for newcomer.

Likewise. That's one of the strongest debuts (and, for me, one of the best Future Shocks) in years. I look forward to seeing both these new droids deliver more work for the Mighty One with great interest.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Got to agree with the majority of this thread...the Dredd wasn't a game changer, or doesn't appear to be, 30 years later and its had no impact that we can see?

I thought there would have been more made of the Sov Dredd than a quick execution by sludge monster. And would a Dredd clone have been a loyal Sov? that interests me!

Hard to believe the Sovs would stop at one too.

The rest of the Prog is going great guns for me just now, next week off, then back to the action!!

DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

This issue's Dredd inspired me to create a couple of Spot the Dreddference challenges. Good luck!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me