Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Fall of Deadworld vs. Skizz Rd 3 Heat 56

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 June, 2022, 05:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

skizz.

even when the mage left there were still volumes of sublime jim baikie art.

Blue Cactus

Deadworld, although I hope it can stay focused on the characters and atmosphere rather than bringing in more and more warped versions of Dredd lore.

moly

sheridan

Both fantastic strips (and I agree that the Moore Skizz scripts were better than the following books and that the Baikie art was fantastic all the way through).  I kind of agree that Deadworld should focus on atmosphere more than elseworlds tie-ins, but I also like to see how the rest of the world reacts to Sidney and chums.

As I've banged on about before, Nemesis was the strip that kept me aboard, but Skizz was one of the strips that was running in my first handful of progs (I'd been given a batch of progs by a neighbour, the earliest of which was 308 while the first one I saw in the newsagent was 330 - the beginning and end of Skizz).

So apologies to the Deadworld creative team, but Skizz wins for me.

Dark Jimbo

It's always a bit surprising when I find myself voting against the Wizard of Northampton, but I have to give this one to The Fall of Deadworld, a darkly compulsive saga that I recently binged for the first time when I got the three hardbacks for my birthday. Proving that the Dark Judges are not played-out has-beens is...not nothing, by any means.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Ohhh this one could swing on final day votes. I think I see one thrill just peaking ahead but I could well be wrong. Vote today and I'll reveal all tomorrow.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Oh this was closer than I thought, so much so that I was preparing my call and it was a tough one. Could I see past my love of the first Skizz, Jim Baikie art and how much I enjoy the other two books, all be it less than 1... I'm  not sure I would have been able to... In the end however I didn't need to make that final gut wrenching decision as Dash Decent, though he fell in the much more one sided tie finished today go some consolation as his final vote decided this and

Skizz

man it into Round 4, flipp' neck.

sheridan

p.s. now that the vote is finished - another word about Skizz - last time I re-read SKIIZZ and SKIIIZZ I was pleasantly surprised by Baikie's first solo outing (still not a huge fan of the last though).

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me