Main Menu

Robocop remake

Started by the shutdown man, 31 July, 2008, 11:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

THIS TRAVESTY BY HOLLYWOOD SCUM MUST BE MET WITH APPROPRIATE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ZEAL !

-SHOOT TO KILL- ! :angry:
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Wouldn't Aronofsky be better off going straight to the source and making a real Judge Dredd film?

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "IAMTHESYSTEM"THIS TRAVESTY BY HOLLYWOOD SCUM MUST BE MET WITH APPROPRIATE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ZEAL !

Killing them is too easy.They need to pay for their crimes over an extended timescale but realistically hollywood are just catering to the majority of the public who are just a load of dumbed down retarded ADD afflicted Sheep.And thats why consistently year upon year i go to the cinema less and less and rent less and less films .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "garageman"Wouldn't Aronofsky be better off going straight to the source and making a real Judge Dredd film?
Now, that I'd like to see.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "peterwolf"
Quote from: "IAMTHESYSTEM"THIS TRAVESTY BY HOLLYWOOD SCUM MUST BE MET WITH APPROPRIATE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ZEAL !

Killing them is too easy.They need to pay for their crimes over an extended timescale but realistically hollywood are just catering to the majority of the public who are just a load of dumbed down retarded ADD afflicted Sheep.And thats why consistently year upon year i go to the cinema less and less and rent less and less films .

Wow peterwolf, you just offered 2 condescending generalisations in response to another.

Peter Wolf

Robocop was theft of the idea of JD but Paul Veerhoven was an intelligent guy who clearly understood irony and satire and did a damned good job of it.Robocop 2 in my opinion was even more satirical  and was a great film .

Aronofsky who i dont know much about as i havent seen any of his films is a complete unknown to me so i just dont know what to expect this time but this is either going to be very good or it is going to be a disaster for the reasons myself and others have said.

I havent read any comment here critical of Aronofsky so that is encouraging.

That image at the beginning of the thread [Robocop - 2010] looks dated and crap and cheaply done.Awful.

Keef Monkey

I've seen "Requiem For A Dream" and "The Fountain" and loved both of them, so I've got a lot of respect for the man, but I can't quite believe his name is attached to the Robocop rebuild. The guy's quite obviously brilliant, but I don't think this is the film for him. If it gives him a big payday and allows him to keep making the kind of movies he makes then great but it seems a bad pairing to me.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Bongo Jack"The remake is for that guy.

You did kill him and tie the corpse to the sign over the entrance to your local multiplex, didn't you?

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Jim_Campbell"

You did kill him and tie the corpse to the sign over the entrance to your local multiplex, didn't you?

Cheers!

Jim
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You need to do that to send a message to the rest of them !!

F943X

Too many remakes nowadays?

There has to be at least one writer who can come up with an original story or film, right?
Or is this industry care more about making quick easy money instead of films that will last for years to come?

the shutdown man

I only recently remembered that Aronofsky had been attached to the Batman franchise before Nolan a few years back, when the film was supposed to be an adaptation of Batman: Year One. That obviously didn't happen, but maybe he's looking on this as his chance to re-invent a franchise. (Not that I'm saying it needs it the same way Batman did, but I still want to see what he'll do with it.)
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "the shutdown man"... when the film was supposed to be an adaptation of Batman: Year One. That obviously didn't happen ...

Although, Batman Begins owes a lot to Year One, but possibly not as much as The Dark Knight owes to Killing Joke.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bongo Jack

Cheers!

Jim

No, because that's short-sighted thinking.  When my descendants are sitting on top of the social order thanks to their superior knowledge of how to do stuff like turn on a computer and spell the word 'text' using the letter 'e', they'll need his descendants to wash the solar-powered cars and build kitchen extensions.
He knows his place, this lad - he watches E4.
Live forever or die trying

Peter Wolf

Quote from: "Bongo Jack"

Cheers!

Jim

No, because that's short-sighted thinking.  When my descendants are sitting on top of the social order thanks to their superior knowledge of how to do stuff like turn on a computer and spell the word 'text' using the letter 'e', they'll need his descendants to wash the solar-powered cars and build kitchen extensions.
He knows his place, this lad - he watches E4.

Good point.

I need people like that to clean the pool and that sort of thing.

We need a Rated R certificate in the UK for films. R for Retard.