Main Menu

50% off years worth of Judge Dredd Megazine - one year a week

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2020, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

These are so tempting. Gonna have to sit down and work out how much overlap there is with stuff I've already got as quite a bit of this got reprinted in the Hachette Collections. I feel another spreadsheet coming on.

Magnetica

Quote from: RaggedMan on 09 May, 2020, 05:42:01 PM
I don't have the money to buy every year.
Are their any particular vintage years I should look out for?
Or good JD or other storylines?

Best things in the Meg are (IMO):
Lawless
Insurrection
The Simping Detective

Plus America (obviously), Young Death and Al's Baby, but I'm guessing they aren't available digitally.

TBH a lot of the rest was pretty ropey.

TordelBack

You could do a lot worse than the current offering (2009) Even the floppies are strong.

Colin YNWA

Pick this one up and realised we have an extra Meg in this bundle, 14 not 13 (or 12 as it is these days) do folks know why there was the extra one?

Bolt-01

For a long time the Meg was every 4 weeks, so it slid around the month. This is likely a result of that.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 19 June, 2020, 09:43:55 AM
For a long time the Meg was every 4 weeks, so it slid around the month. This is likely a result of that.

Arh so in 2009 one will have hit early and creep it late at the end of the year giving 'months' that explains it. Thanks Bolt-01

I, Cosh

Already bought more digital Progs than I'll ever need but having Insurrection to hand seems too tempting to miss.
We never really die.

Funt Solo

2010's thirteen Megazines (293-305) are in the shop for $19.99 (£?). That's 892 pages of concentrated thrill-power plus another 884 pages of floppy goodness.

-------------------------------------

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

£19.49 but still shockingly good deal. I'm getting worried that I'm spending a small fortune getting these every week but its too good a chance to catch up and I've only got five weeks to go... gulp.

sintec

They probably would have got my money this week - if I hadn't spent it all on ABC Warriors books.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 27 June, 2020, 05:23:18 PM
2010's thirteen Megazines (293-305) are in the shop for $19.99 (£?). That's 892 pages of concentrated thrill-power plus another 884 pages of floppy goodness.

These are stil going but even without Funt Solo's reminders I'd still - just remembering to do them. We're up to 2012 this week for just £19.49. I've only a few to go...

sintec

This might just be the point where I jump onto this thrill train. The floppies from this run do some nice filling in around stuff the Ultimate Collection; some of the pre-Abnett Durham Red tales, Finn, American Gothic, Harry Kipling, some extra SinDex (although I guess some of that might get duped in the upcoming volume). Looks like there's a bunch of Dredd that's not in the Mega Collection too.

Yeah I think I've just talked myself into this one.

sintec

Grabbed 2013 too as it looks like there's some good stuff in there. Does anyone know which day of the week they update this on? Would be annoying to miss one.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sintec on 17 July, 2020, 08:36:00 PM
Grabbed 2013 too as it looks like there's some good stuff in there. Does anyone know which day of the week they update this on? Would be annoying to miss one.

Yeah its ever Wednesday, normally before the Thrillmail advertising it even comes out.

And thanks for the reminder as I'd not done this this week!